EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Interview

You'll interview with at least 5-7 contacts within the organization and there will be a very consistent line of questions with all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are committed to working for EMC vs the other companies you are interviewing with.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

My resume was selected out of their database after applying for a different job. Good phone interview. In person interview with 3 people from department

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and scenarios involving database work   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interview

written round- tough and very important
    2 technical round -tougher as compared to other companies interview
    1 hr round-this is just to check ur communication skills.

Interview Questions

• how can u test iphone or digital clock?
      answer related to software engineering
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

The total process consists of 1 Telephonic screening and 3 in-person interviews. They test on the fundamentals of Software testing, automation frameworks, scripting, programming and problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process of this IT company is quite similar than others that I attened before. At the beginning I have interview with their Human Resources people then go through those standard conversation. Then I have interview with their IT manager. After a simple introduction of myself nd answer sever general questions then the interviews finished.

Interview

I was called for an onsite interview with my hiring manager. The team consists of 3 rounds by 3 different members of the team.

Interview Questions

• The questions were straight forward and they asked my previous experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Senior Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. They will ask you to present to a group on a particular EMC storage solution and role play that of a customer. The presentation is delivered to at least 3-4 EMC sales and engineering staff. The only problem with the whole process is that there is not an approved HR requisition. They interview on prospected pipeline and then if they like you will try and get a requisition. I had a director call and communicate they were proceeding with an offer only to not get the job approved by HR. Most dishonest interview process I have ever been through. You think you are getting an offer and none will come. This happened twice for 2 separate positions.

Interview Questions

• If you interview make sure you ask if there is an open approved requisition. They wont tell you this unless you ask.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

First was a phone screen. They asked the basics of OOP and check for the willingness to learn from the candidate. Second and final round was a on-site interview. 4 people interviewed me for half an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Asked me something that was not on my resume. But they wanted to see my approach to the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They usually offer decent compensation, so need not negotiate much.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Basic resume questions and your expectations
    Though there is a second round of around 2 hrs at the office

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Wasn't able to land an interview until somebody submitted my resume internally. Once submitted internally, I received a call the next day from HR for a phone screening and was scheduled to come in the next week. Met with 2 individuals for about 30 minutes each and was set on my way. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing outlandish. Just talked about my experience and my thoughts about the company and its growth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They wouldn't move at all even though the salary offer was lower then what it should be given my credientials. It was a case of the economy not being very good and there not being many jobs out there and them taking advantage of the fact.