EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Five 30 minutes onsite interviews. No coding required in the interview process. Basically talked about the previous experience, resume and other technical questions. The interviewees are nice and the interview processes are more like a normal day conversation regrading to your experience.

Note that the interview questions may vary from different teams, hard to predict what they will ask in advance.

Interview Questions

EMC Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and our readers. Welcome to Dell EMC!

IT Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC (Cairo (Egypt)) in April 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me by phone to go have HR & Technical interview at the office. HR interview was short and asking relevant questions then I was introduced to the hiring manager where we had overseas video interview, he explained the role responsibilities and asked about my work experience. Then HR contacted me on another day to meet the General Manager, few weeks later I received offer that I accepted and been there since then enjoying my job and proud of the values of the company I work for.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work on a shift from 2 pm to 10 pm and think well before you answer about how this will impact your life?   Answer Question

MTS-3 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Banga (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Banga (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Talked directly to the manager of the team I applied to. Interview was pretty friendly and was a mixture between behavioral and technical questions to test my background on scripting, testing and automation.

Interview Questions

• Several standard behavioral questions and a few technical (easy) questions regarding scripting and testing.   Answer Question

Shop Locksmith Interview

Interview

Meet with the owners son after a quick phone screening. After an hour of discussion we talked about a start date and time and rest is history. Family owned and operated.

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

1 technical and 1 managerial round, followed by HR discussion on compensation. Interviews were more like discussions and the gentleman were very kind to me. Took just about an hour for the technical round.

Interview Questions

• Technical round mostly consisted of questions on automation frameworks, Selenium and core Java questions.   Answer Question

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Super positive and easy going. Interviewed with 4 individuals all whom were great to speak to. No coding during these short 30 minute interviews but a bit of verbal coding. Never heard back from them in the end.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall its very average, Basic questions on Data structure, algorithm, OS, Storage relates ares. Binary sea
    rch, AVL tree, BFS, linklist problems,
    red black tree,
    Process mamagement
    mathematical puzzle . They started with basic and then asked to optimize the code in terma of time complexity and space complexity

Escalation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had 5 different phone screens with various cross functional leaders. No face to face interviews were conducted since most people worked remotely or in different locations than me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were confronted but an unhappy customer. What did you do and what was the result?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two phone interviews and 1 in-person interview at the time. The phone interviews were very easy and asked basic questions. The in-person interview involved two individuals: a manager and a behavioral expert. They asked several IQ-like questions, such as: "If you had to troubleshoot a broken lightbulb in the basement, but only could switch the lights on one time before you had to go in the dark, how would you do this?" Also, they had me draw a simple network diagram and troubleshoot issues that a client may have in between. The in-person was more difficult--and awkward because the behavioral expert just stared and watched how you reacted to the questions the whole time.

Interview Questions

• "If you had to troubleshoot a broken lightbulb in the basement, but only could switch the lights on one time before you had to go in the dark, how would you do this?"   1 Answer

Social Media Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in August 2017.

Interview

There are totally 3 rounds. They mainly test our technical skills in operating computer hardware as well as software. Good communication skill is a must. And they hire experienced IT personnel or should have good knowledge about computers

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a HR phone screening, followed up by a panel interview of three (The hiring manager, Global SAM and manager of the Global SAM team). I was asked to do a presentation which would include introduction of myself, Understanding of the roles etc..(There were quite number of requirement for the presentation).
    Then followed by a phone interview with the account team then I was asked to meet the customer and at this stage I got fed up and withdrew my application because I was told after the panel interview they would make a decision and felt they were just keep dragging on and on and could not afford take more time off work.
    The guys I met were delightful but I did not feel that I did learn anything new from all these interviews and I think it was just too many interviews.
    And I was not pleased with the HR person, he was not honest .
    I do not think I would want to work for these guys neither would be recommending them simply because of their HR/ recruiting process and the amount of interviews gave the wrong impression.

Interview Questions

• All their questions were basic and nothing out of ordinary   1 Answer