EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple. I got an email saying they want me to come in for an interview - I was not asked for a phone interview. Met with 4 different guys for a total interview time of 2 hours. Asked standard questions about my capabilities to do the job. Didn't ask any hard questions. Seemed a bit rushed though. I didn't hear back for a few weeks and when I contacted the HR rep she told me that hiring for the position had been put on hold and to "be patient". Got a phone call a few weeks after that telling me I got the job.

When I asked about consequences of Dell merger - each employee seemed a bit hazy and wasn't sure of the effect. Only reservations I have.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter.
    This was the most unprofessional interview ever, she pressed me over an over to release my current salary history.
    Then declined to share the salary range.
    Very rude and condescending, first impression is everything I withdrew my application immediately and ended the call with the recruiter.
    So ashamed and I still refuse to believe this recruiter works for such an industry leader like EMC.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight-forward - send in a resume through their Careers portal and then someone from HR will contact you with more details. This initial phone call is a quick screening to make sure you're not some sort of maniac - don't sweat it, just make sure you have some basics figured out (i.e. why you want to work for EMC, etc.). You'll then be brought in for an in-person interview with your would-be supervisor.

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Telephone, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial round manager
    Next round Technical
    Next round technical+language checking
    Next round Technical
    Next round Director
    Next round HR
    The process took a lot of time around 1 month since there was some event going on in emc like emc world.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls: one with HR and one with Hiring Manager. After that, I was invited to a on-site final interview. The process was quite fast. You would have the result of your phone interviews in around 2-4 business days. Most of the interview questions are typical questions about background, strengths, and weaknesses. Interviewers are friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• What did you do that relates to the position that you apply?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and asked to setup interviews at multiple offices. The recruiter and I spoke for about 30 minutes to go over my background and fit. I was interviewed at 2 locations. The times were flexible based off of my schedule. After the 2nd interview, I heard back from the recruiter with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a number of phone interviews. First interview was with the recruiter then the second interview was with hiring manger and the subsequent interview was with the team members on the team most of the interview questions was about how I would transfer from a technical role to a sells role

Senior Business Operations Analyst, Data Analytics Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I got a call for both the above mentioned positions. The interview process was a quick. I spoke to the HR, the to then hiring manager and immediately was called onsite the following week. The interview was wonderful and I enjoyed talking to the interviewers. After the interview I followed up with the HR every other week and got positive response from them but the after four weeks for the Data Analytics Engineer position they said that they couldn't roll out an offer (I presume it was because of hiring freeze) I completely understand but they kept me hanging in there till four weeks. For the Sr. Business Operations Analyst position, after 3 weeks I was told that I was liked by everyone but they couldn't give me the offer for the decided pay due to team budget and also said that if I agreed to it they would roll out the offer letter in next two days. And after two days the HR replies saying that unfortunately we can't give you an offer and decided to search for more experience candidate. I understand their explanations but I wish they wouldn't waste the candidates time as I already had an offer and had kept it on hold for EMC. I just don't think I will interview with EMC ever again.

Interview Questions

• They ask you everything from your resume. The Sr. Business Operations Analyst role had a technical hands on test on tableau and SQL.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Syracuse, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was highly interactive and the recruiter made me feel comfortable. She expressed her opinion to all the points she agreed to me with which increased my confidence a lot. She started with telling me a lot about herself and her role at EMC and then continued to ask me a few behavioral and few position related questions.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephonic round with HR about interest in the project and related experience.
    On-Site interview about 3 hours.
     - 1st round - Interview with couple of engineers in the team targeting related experience and knowledge in the storage industry, along with some white board problems and programming questions mainly focused in c++ programming
    - 2nd round - Interview with Manager and Senior Manager, questions in c++ programming and knowledge in python and bash scripting.
    All the interview questions and tests are specific to skills required for role.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to c++ focusing on pointers, virtual functions and memory management errors etc.,   Answer Question