EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.9

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Interview

I am in school so the process took about two months I would say. First phone interview is standard phone interview with a recruiter, standard questions. The next phone interview is more challenging with a director of sales, they ask you questions about why sales and some behavioral questions. The final interview is a group interview which you go in at 8 am. From their you get to ask questions current Inside Sales Reps for thirty minutes. After that you have a process which you sell a fellow interviewee for a minute to management. After this you begin your interviews, one is about culture, one is about if you can sell, and one is about are you smart enough to learn their product. All of them are thirty minutes, and one you have to sell an EMC product which you learn about a couple days before so do your research. You also get lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time which you reached a goal, however, you had to forgo celebrating that goal to pursue an even bigger goal.   Answer Question

Principal Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA).

Interview

A little confusion over the structure of the interview not well coordinated. Meet with 5 different team members. Started around 9, met with engineer, program managers, managers. Felt very welcomed. Interviews were 30 mins each. On my last interview I was walked to the door. That evening I received a call from the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Q. You are reporting on status to senior managers and one manager calls out that your report is inaccurate what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Q. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never negotiated. I should have negotiated for stock.

Upgrade Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was short, and I only interviewed with one person. They were more concerned with how I "fit in" than with my technical skills. I guess that is how it goes sometimes...anyway, I do not even use the technical skills that I was interviewed about. My recruiter played the job up as something I had experience doing and really wanted to get back into. On the other side of the door, however, I find myself doing completely proprietary work and know that I am not developing any marketable skills at all. I will have a hard time finding work when I leave, but I still intend on leaving ASAP.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SAN and NAS?   1 Answer

Software Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Worcester, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

very quick and straight forward. about technical skills and knowledge, some background questions, past experience,
    what will you do in critical situation.
    how can u react in difficult situation,
    explain about the job role and requirements.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with multiple managers and executives over the phone and in person. The process was very professional and personable. I felt that this was going to be a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to understand my critical thinking for certain operational situations   Answer Question

Associate Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview, STAR questions, less technical interview as it was for a position in sales rather than say something in engineering or finance. Broken down over the course of 6 hours, starting with a panel, followed by a short group interview, then three 1:1 interviews with management. Looking for examples on how you can help the team rather than just listing reasons why you're a good candidate, etc. Looking for more experience than I had in the position but very exciting opportunity none the less.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake on the job and what you did to correct it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 1 aptitude, 1 technical which was very general asking about my previous internships and also details about my undergraduate degree. The technical was taken by 2 employees simultaneously .

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Just a phone interview. I was handling other job offers and so EMC made their process as quick as possible. The manager of the group called me, asked me about my resume, and gave a description of what the job entails and the possibilities. I was given an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous job experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

fairly laid back, technical questions. home life, work ethics. talked about being able to support a product remotely and over the phone, e-mail. talked about being able to handle issues while under stress and still be able to communicate in a professional manner.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Several rounds of interviews
    Presentation - they tried to fill room with people. They wanted to see how you handle the pressure of having a big audience. Their thought process is if can handle that then you can handle a meeting with a CIO

Interview Questions

• Why have you been successful?
      What are your best traits?
      What are your worst traits?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate but not much