EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with four tech support engineers and two managers. Most of the tech support peers were friendly and nice. They seemed very welcoming. One of the managers was very good and professional. The other one was rude and expected me to know everything.

Interview Questions

• Questions about OCR, exporting to databases, SQL queries   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

fairly laid back, technical questions. home life, work ethics. talked about being able to support a product remotely and over the phone, e-mail. talked about being able to handle issues while under stress and still be able to communicate in a professional manner.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Just a phone interview. I was handling other job offers and so EMC made their process as quick as possible. The manager of the group called me, asked me about my resume, and gave a description of what the job entails and the possibilities. I was given an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous job experience.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Several rounds of interviews
    Presentation - they tried to fill room with people. They wanted to see how you handle the pressure of having a big audience. Their thought process is if can handle that then you can handle a meeting with a CIO

Interview Questions

• Why have you been successful?
      What are your best traits?
      What are your worst traits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate but not much

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and arranged an on site interview with the hiring manager. Interview was half and hour and the the hiring manager was very friendly. He explained about the team, number of people in the team, job functions and in general about EMC. Kept asking me if I had any questions for him. He gave a feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at EMC?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Long process.4-5rounds- phone,1:1,vp level and business unit head.
    Long process. Application form is archaic -could be improved.
    Friendly environment
    Technical and soft skill interviewed. Sometimes too much of same questions.
    Took long time to I schedule various rounds so be patient.
    Small community of people moving from one company to another in similar domain

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed to be a part of the Global Enterprise Services Leadership Development Program (GESLDP) in the fall. The interview process consisted of an initial interview by the
     general recruiter, followed by an interview by the program recruiter, and then ultimately I had to give a presentation on site. The presentation was short but was primarily focused on my interest in the program, personal experiences, and why I think I would be a good fit. The panel consisted of about 6 or so managers in GES along with the program recruiter, and the presentation concluded with a Q+A. The managers are very nice but do not shy away from asking you the hard questions about different scenarios that are based off your resume. The interview/panel concluded with the chance to talk with a couple current program participants and ask them about their experiences which was great and it helped fuel my desire for the position even more.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to deal with conflict on a team, and how did you turn it into a positive experience?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

2 phone calls, each call for 30 mins. First call asked something about you experience, projects in your resume. And the second one tell you something about the position. Asked your salary expectation and how to commute for work.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC in November 2015.

Interview

Had an extensive amount of interviews but it was a very competitive program. The process was good, lot of 1 on 1 interviews. Also have group one as well in which you explain and "sell" why someone else in the group is right for the job. Good experience overall and I thought it was a fair process.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview and then half-day of office interviews. 5-6 behavioral interviews that were 20 minutes each. Very easy overall with little technical questions involved. Be prepared to answer questions about resume. Overall, great experience and very easy to talk to the 5-6 managers. Process took over a month but it ended well.

Interview Questions

• What if we wanted to expand in a different country?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called and told them about a different offer. Was given incremental bonus.