EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.9

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed to be a part of the Global Enterprise Services Leadership Development Program (GESLDP) in the fall. The interview process consisted of an initial interview by the
     general recruiter, followed by an interview by the program recruiter, and then ultimately I had to give a presentation on site. The presentation was short but was primarily focused on my interest in the program, personal experiences, and why I think I would be a good fit. The panel consisted of about 6 or so managers in GES along with the program recruiter, and the presentation concluded with a Q+A. The managers are very nice but do not shy away from asking you the hard questions about different scenarios that are based off your resume. The interview/panel concluded with the chance to talk with a couple current program participants and ask them about their experiences which was great and it helped fuel my desire for the position even more.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to deal with conflict on a team, and how did you turn it into a positive experience?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

2 phone calls, each call for 30 mins. First call asked something about you experience, projects in your resume. And the second one tell you something about the position. Asked your salary expectation and how to commute for work.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC in November 2015.

Interview

Had an extensive amount of interviews but it was a very competitive program. The process was good, lot of 1 on 1 interviews. Also have group one as well in which you explain and "sell" why someone else in the group is right for the job. Good experience overall and I thought it was a fair process.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview and then half-day of office interviews. 5-6 behavioral interviews that were 20 minutes each. Very easy overall with little technical questions involved. Be prepared to answer questions about resume. Overall, great experience and very easy to talk to the 5-6 managers. Process took over a month but it ended well.

Interview Questions

• What if we wanted to expand in a different country?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called and told them about a different offer. Was given incremental bonus.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Bridgeport, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

2 pre-quals through recruiters, 4 phone interviews with various team members. Was going great, then suddenly no contact at all. Was told an offer was likely coming in a day or two, then nothing. Now, this happened during the week the merger with Dell was announced, so things could have changed rapidly, but the communication blackout was disappointing. All contacts at EMC quit returning calls and emails. I let it drop after a few weeks.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

They schedule a meeting, usually ask you to come in. 3 people individually question you. One person takes 15-30 mins each. They ask you questions based on the projects you listed in your resume. Be sure to explain thoroughly the things you write on your resume. Mostly the engineers are senior engineers so they like you to come up with questions for them as well.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Questions. If, however, you apply for a software position, expect more technical questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC (Glen Mills, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had three (3) phone interviews with all a current project manager, his superior and the team Director. I then had a face-to-face interview with my perspective manager. The interview was very extensive and highlighted all my skills. In addition, the interview (with perspective manager) provided me with much information about organization, job responsibilities and some education.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I believe my interview process went fairly well. The interviewer described the job position and what is expected the person who interview me was friendly so I was not nervous. The interviewer ask about your background and experience with various Microsoft programs.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Loved the interview process. The interviewer was very engaged and easy to talk to. Felt like the interview could have gone on for hours, that's how enjoyable it was. I've had interviews that were tense or the interviewer was very bland or didn't seem into it. But EMC was not one of those places.

Interview Questions

• About how I use my time management skills to balance work, school, and social life.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Employee Referral. Recruiter got me in contact with a hiring manager for a role at Hopkington, MA. My school is in Massachusetts so that possibly helped. I basically got informed a manager would like to interview me and went through with it, though I wasn't completely prepared.