EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Employee Referral. Recruiter got me in contact with a hiring manager for a role at Hopkington, MA. My school is in Massachusetts so that possibly helped. I basically got informed a manager would like to interview me and went through with it, though I wasn't completely prepared.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Began with meeting recruiter. The other candidates and I waited in a room until some inside sales reps and sales managers came in to introduce themselves. The first part of the interview was an exercise where we had to sell another candidate to the interviewers in 60 seconds. This was followed by panel interview of inside sales reps and then individual interviews with 3 higher-ups.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, then had a follow up interview over the phone with a manager. Following those they brought me in with a few other candidates that they were considering for a half day interview. The half day consisted of speaking to an employee panel, an ice breaker exercise where you sell one of the other candidates, a mock sales call, and sitting down with four managers in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a complex situation or problem that you worked on?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Pleasant Grove, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to two interviews one with HR and then one with the hiring manager. HR only asked basic questions such as name and how much pay am i willing to accept.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Interview
    Interview process is systematic. First round is on phone. Multiple rounds face to face interview on datastructure, algorithm, multi-threading, java and design patterns. Then HR round and compensation details. Face to face interview will consumed a whole day normally, for me, I have to do in two half days.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 people. 3 peers and two managers from our group. It was very casual, some of them asked technical questions and others trying to understand my attitude. OVerall i liked how the interview process went. Nothing to complain.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I applied online and heard back about a week later from a manager asking for an on site interview. The interview consisted of talking to three members of the inventory and asset management team for about 20-30 minutes each. Overall, it was an average interview.

SharePoint Architect Interview

Interview

Takes a long time overall, about a month. Lots of interviews to complete and lots of technical questions. Some of the interviewers were not prepared. They have don't appear to have much interview guidance so interview is a bit haphazard.

Interview Questions

• Have you created site definitions? What file is needed to create one?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Talked directly to the manager of the team I applied to. Interview was pretty friendly and was a mixture between behavioral and technical questions to test my background on scripting, testing and automation.

Interview Questions

• Several standard behavioral questions and a few technical (easy) questions regarding scripting and testing.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedient and fair. They began with face-to-face interviews and progressed into phone interviews with higher up directors and vice presidents. The questions started out a typical, then effortlessly transcended into a personable two-way conversation between the interview and the interviewee. Definitely a positive experience with a company that is definitely worth the time to consider when applying.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge last year and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question