EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Interview
    Interview process is systematic. First round is on phone. Multiple rounds face to face interview on datastructure, algorithm, multi-threading, java and design patterns. Then HR round and compensation details. Face to face interview will consumed a whole day normally, for me, I have to do in two half days.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 people. 3 peers and two managers from our group. It was very casual, some of them asked technical questions and others trying to understand my attitude. OVerall i liked how the interview process went. Nothing to complain.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I applied online and heard back about a week later from a manager asking for an on site interview. The interview consisted of talking to three members of the inventory and asset management team for about 20-30 minutes each. Overall, it was an average interview.

SharePoint Architect Interview

Interview

Takes a long time overall, about a month. Lots of interviews to complete and lots of technical questions. Some of the interviewers were not prepared. They have don't appear to have much interview guidance so interview is a bit haphazard.

Interview Questions

• Have you created site definitions? What file is needed to create one?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Talked directly to the manager of the team I applied to. Interview was pretty friendly and was a mixture between behavioral and technical questions to test my background on scripting, testing and automation.

Interview Questions

• Several standard behavioral questions and a few technical (easy) questions regarding scripting and testing.   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedient and fair. They began with face-to-face interviews and progressed into phone interviews with higher up directors and vice presidents. The questions started out a typical, then effortlessly transcended into a personable two-way conversation between the interview and the interviewee. Definitely a positive experience with a company that is definitely worth the time to consider when applying.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge last year and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Alliances (IIG) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewer called and told me he was leaving another meeting and needed to call back in a half hour. Called promptly a half hour later and informed me he had a hard stop at the top of the hour.
    The interview was pretty casual mainly covering what my current position entails and what my goals were.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

A single round after career fair. selection for this round was based on resume selection and the interview was set up right during the career fair meet up. I was asked to choose a time in the next two days and got very little time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Design question related to memory management   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person with HR, Hiring Mgr and Peer. It was a pretty standard interview process which was controlled heavily by HR. The process itself was quite sterile and mostly one way. It was on par with what I would expect from a company of this size and depth. Did not get much insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Cloud will do to on premise hardware landscape?   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a fairly standard affair, except for the fact that I was interviewing for a creative role within an engineering-heavy company. I submitted a application through LinkedIn and received a call back from an internal recruiter a couple of weeks later. Once I interviewed with the hiring manager, things were fast tracked because I was in process with two other companies in the Silicon Valley and was able to fill a critical role within a newly formed team. Under normal circumstances, I suspect there would have been several more steps involved.

Interview Questions

• Describe your creative process when assessing a new project and deciding how to move forward.   1 Answer