EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Alliances (IIG) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewer called and told me he was leaving another meeting and needed to call back in a half hour. Called promptly a half hour later and informed me he had a hard stop at the top of the hour.
    The interview was pretty casual mainly covering what my current position entails and what my goals were.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

A single round after career fair. selection for this round was based on resume selection and the interview was set up right during the career fair meet up. I was asked to choose a time in the next two days and got very little time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Design question related to memory management   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person with HR, Hiring Mgr and Peer. It was a pretty standard interview process which was controlled heavily by HR. The process itself was quite sterile and mostly one way. It was on par with what I would expect from a company of this size and depth. Did not get much insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Cloud will do to on premise hardware landscape?   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a fairly standard affair, except for the fact that I was interviewing for a creative role within an engineering-heavy company. I submitted a application through LinkedIn and received a call back from an internal recruiter a couple of weeks later. Once I interviewed with the hiring manager, things were fast tracked because I was in process with two other companies in the Silicon Valley and was able to fill a critical role within a newly formed team. Under normal circumstances, I suspect there would have been several more steps involved.

Interview Questions

• Describe your creative process when assessing a new project and deciding how to move forward.   1 Answer

Lead Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the position, he screened me then set up an on site interview with the hiring manager and someone from a corporate position (seemed like a logistics or IT Director overseeing the new draper project, very intelligent and intimidating). After some conversation it seemed I wasn't a great fit for the position I was interviewing for, excellent questioning revealed my lack of singular vision of my career goals which is what they informed me they were seeking. It was implied I might be a better fit in another position but I got flustered and walked away instead of pursuing that angle.

Interview Questions

• If I were to give you an application to develop today with your team, how would you do it?   1 Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. As an applicant I had an initial phone screen with a Recruiter, then I had another phone call with the Hiring Manager, as a final round I was brought onsite for a 2.5 hour interview with 5 team members, spending 30 minutes with each. They kept me very well informed throughout the process and gave me clear expectations for each stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• I do not like picking apart a resume so I will not ask you to walk me through it, but tell me what makes you a good candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Consultant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in August 2015.

Interview

Had a call and the discussion was about previous work experience. Had good feedback and the name was recommended to hiring team. I followed up few times, but never got a response (either positive or negative)

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at EMC in August 2015.

Interview

It was for 5 hours with 8 members. Most of them asked about algorithms and design questions.also some behavioral questions and some SQL programming concepts. Asked about some object oriented programming concepts and uml design questions.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with Program Manager and Regional Support Managers over a six month period. I was referred by a Sales Engineer so the interview process was relatively informal.

Focus on the interviews was mostly on my prior experience and contacts with State of CA agencies and departments. Very little on project management capabilities or methodologies.

Interview Questions

• What State of California departments was I familiar with?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I was called for Architect role, they did 5 rounds and rejected in the last , you have to go office for every interview.it's big pain and they will take u for granted. they don't have proper interview process.people are lazy. they will take weeks together to shortlist .