EMC Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter next day after application, talked through history and job role. Face to face interview with hiring manager within days at a time suitable for me. Very quick process. Recruiter remained in contact throughout and offered support and advice.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Took a little longer than I expected and it was the 2nd time in meeting them, first time round I could not wait,so chose another company, second time round 4 meetings HR and 2 managers, took around 3 months by=ut when they did offer it was to start a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Usually questions, why EMC? tell me a time when...?, tell me your thoughts around technology, they want you to have an opinion / veiw around the commercial world and how EMC technology will effect that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly straight forward, i had a number as did they and we agreed on a mutually agreeable figure

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

first round: phone-screening (20 minutes)
    second round:
    15 min presentation about your education background, experience and why EMC?
    Q&A (problem solving, questions regarding your CV)

Interview Questions

• Not really, people there are nice to talk with.
      Questions are relatively easy to answer if you have enough practical experience to answer.
      Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was with the Recruitment team after they spent months hounding me. No indication of the expectation for the meeting, which was conducted by a typical recruiter who knew little about the Industry and read from a sheet! They did know the structure of the organisation which they insisted spending 25 mins of the allotted hour taking me through!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC? Read that in the Interviewing for Dummies 101?   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Poor information and poor leadership demonstrated by hiring manager

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews:

1st round - Telephonic interview (CV based questions) - 1 hour

2nd round - To make a presentation on how I would mange the internship project & another round of face to face interview - 1.5 hours

3rd round- Interview with director - Competency based questions, why join EMC, about EMC and its products, about the recent M&A in EMC and how do they impact the company - 1 hour

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions on how to handle difficult situations, difficult people, how to manage projects, Experience of working internationally with teams located virtually, questions on previous work experience, questions about EMC.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Although the lead up interview process was very professional, when it came to the line manager I couldn't have been happier to not be offered the position. Senior management seemed very high on themselves, haughty and unprofessional and I would have turned down the position if it had been offered.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

One screening call and then a face to face interview. The interview process was very mechanical. They just wanted straight answers, didn't seem like a very creative place.

Interview Questions

• None. Basic sales interview type questions such as give a example of when you did a sale. What could you have done better?   Answer Question

Head of Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Three interviews with the employer. First was with the hiring manager. Two subsequent ones involved work peers and a subordinate. Good probing questions asked by the then project manager (an external contractor). Questions were past behavioural based approach, "Tell me where you have done 'x', what was the situation, what were you tasked with doing, how did you do it, and what result did you get". Usual "what would you do different" follow up. Looking to see if you have the experience you claimed.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the need to fix existing problems in the products versus develop new features.   1 Answer

Regional Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with HR representative. This was followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a F2F meeting with the HR rep. The final step was a telephone interview with the business leader for the region. So, four interviews in total.