EMC Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I had an initial screening with recruiter. I met the profile from experiential and compensation perspective. I was passed to the hiring manager of the first interview and was told it would be 3 phases. Recruiter and hiring manager was phase 1. Phase 2 involved 3 other managers that were peers to the hiring manager. Third phase I was passed to 4 managers senior to the hiring manager with one of them being face to face. Of all the interviews, only one required face to face.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One call to agree.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview went well but was told after that my skills doesn't fit with the job requirement. I was surprised because if my skills didn't match, they should not have setup the interview wasting 4 hours of my time and the interviewer's time.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to let an employee go? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2008.

Interview

Very technical interview for even manager position. I had interviewed with RSA, security division of EMC. Initially there were multiple phone screens before getting on site interview. Onsite interview was also whole day exercise of mixed technical, management interviews.

Interview Questions

• Threat modeling process end to end and follow up questions like how CVSS ranking works etc

The other question on change management
      Answer Question

Negotiation

i learned through long negotiation phase that EMC recruiters don't negotiate salaries. Once they offer some number, they stick to it even at cost of losing great candidate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring team member was so pushy to take the interview. She did not even listen to the challenges I had. Moroever after multiple slots that I provided, the interview never took place. Neither was I informed which was unprofessional.