EMC Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a phone call interview. The hr asked about my projects on my resume as well as my education background. At last the hr told me my background wasn't good enough.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a number of phone interviews. First interview was with the recruiter then the second interview was with hiring manger and the subsequent interview was with the team members on the team most of the interview questions was about how I would transfer from a technical role to a sells role

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 1 aptitude, 1 technical which was very general asking about my previous internships and also details about my undergraduate degree. The technical was taken by 2 employees simultaneously .

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person with HR, Hiring Mgr and Peer. It was a pretty standard interview process which was controlled heavily by HR. The process itself was quite sterile and mostly one way. It was on par with what I would expect from a company of this size and depth. Did not get much insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Cloud will do to on premise hardware landscape?   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

After FIVE months and FIVE interviews they made a decision. I can't honesty say that I would want to work for a company that cannot make a decision after FIVE MONTHS.

Interview Questions

• The usual.... what was my quota, who were my clients, what were my biggest wins.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied though recruiter. I had 3 interviews, one technical and two HR rounds. Technical is easy and people were good. Be prepared according to the job description. Answer with conviction and do not bluff.

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very intense, asked the basics related to the position. EMC is great for a launching point and great for your resume but they can give two sh$ts about employee loyalty and they lay at least 20 to 30% less than any other company. The only benefit why I stayed so long is the excellent education Al services. Once Dell took over, they actually fired people that worked there for over 10 hears over the phone. Very cold and disheartening...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between iscsi and FC   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds behavioral, technical questions depending on the position. First with HR recruiter, then with your would be manager. Orientation at corporate and/or regional office. Standard behavioral interview, do your research on the company.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

HR called to schedule the phone interview. However, since the manager was not available at that time, an analyst interviewed me first. HR scheduled another separate phone interview with the manager later. On the day of phone interview, I didn't receive any phone call and contacted the HR. Then they reschedule another one for me. After just 1 hour, someone called back and told me this phone interview was cancelled without a proper reason.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through Dice and was contacted by a recruiter the same day. We set up a phone interview and he gave me an overview of the company and the GSAP program. I was then told that my resume would be forwarded to the manager, whom I later interviewed with. The entire interview was just the manager asking me what questions I had for him. He did not ask me any questions whatsoever. After the interview, I was later contacted and was told I was offered the position, which i initially accepted, but then declined upon receiving the offer letter. I accepted an offer with a another consulting company that didn't have a mandatory rule of reimbursing a training cost of $10,000 if I were to leave prior to being there for 2 years.