EMC Principal Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Principal Product Manager Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Applied using LinkedIn. EMC recruiter contacted me for interest and setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Discussed my history and the position. Follow-up interview in person with several other interviewers, some on team and some extended team. In person with 2 of 5 interviewers, 3 were remote over the phone. Negotiated salary and starting dates. At the end of the day I felt that I may have left a few dollars on the table but still satisfied with salary.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions as I have been in the field for many years now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know your prior salary details, fully loaded compensation benefits and use this web site for actuals.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

15 mins phone round with the recruiter, 30 minutes phone interview with hiring manager, 1 hour in-person with the Sr. Director of Product Management, 1 hr phone round each (since everyone was in a different location) with the following people: CTO, Director UX, Principal Engineer, Director of Engineering, and Sr. Mgr Product Marketing.

Every interviewer was super super nice and very smart. choice of questions was relevant to their areas but the overall focus was on how you as a PM would work with every group. How do you build relationship with different team, how do you negotiate, how do you convice the team of your vision and strategy, raise funds etc. Every interviewer put me at ease right away. Best interview experience of my career. Even though the process was long, it wasn't painful. Hiring manager kept in touch thru the process.

Interview Questions

• Take a random product and explain the process it would have taken to take it to the market   Answer Question
    • Past experience and how you would make a difference   Answer Question
    • Explain your 3 year vision for the product in question and explain the vision for the product portfolio and strategy   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

On campus interview followed by onsite interviews. At onsite met with 4 people one on one, including the HR. The Hiring Manager was traveling so did not get to met him.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a 4 stage interview. 3 over the phone and one full day face to face interview at Bangalore office. Centered around NOC operations management, tools and process.