EMC Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Product Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got connected for the Partner Product Manager position via a recruiter.

Telephonic. Mostly behavioral. Fairly straight forward.

Onsite - Santa Clara - I was flown to Santa Clara. 5 rounds in total. Mostly behavior, some technical and some business cases. Good interview process and helpful as well as experienced interviewers.

Heard back after about 15 days that they are moving forward with other candidates. Apparently they wanted and chose MBA over my storage domain expertise and Masters degree. Close call though.

Negative Feedback - Reimbursement for the trip hasn't yet happened even after 4 months. After the interview the recruiters/coordinators have been very unresponsive and don't even bother to get the approvals on time. Very unhappy with the post interview process and thus spoiling my overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavior, situational, business cases, past experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very straight forward and most like a conversation. There were some experienced based questions and some engineering, DB questions. But mostly the hiring manager was nice and asked questions which then turned out to be very relevant to my daily duties.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview with Execs, other PMs and Engineers. I interviewed with about 8 people in all. There was phone screening followed by an onsite visit where I meant current PMs and Engineers. I also interviewed with the VP of Product Management. There were questions are technology trends for storage industry and my vision for the products.

Interview Questions

• Product Knowledge, Trends Analysis, Market landscape knowledge, case study   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not good. they new that I badly wanted the PM role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

Applied online and contacted by the recruiter via email.

Interview Questions

• Applied to a job posting that was relevant to my education and professional experience. I was really interested in the position since EMC is a great technology company and is led by a well-respected management team.

A few weeks later, I was contacted by a recruiter via email. On our very first email exchange, he threw out a salary number that was a lot lower than the average offered by other large tech companies. He said that we could talk only if I accept the amount. I wanted to learn more about the position and the growth potential since they may justify the low salary. The guy replied that there was no conversation unless I accept the amount. I told him that I understand the expectation. He has not replied since.

Terrible recruiting experience. Didn't even get to speak to the hiring manager.
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in April 2011.

Interview

Telephonic interview from US followed by face to face interview in the office