EMC Programs Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC (Glen Mills, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had three (3) phone interviews with all a current project manager, his superior and the team Director. I then had a face-to-face interview with my perspective manager. The interview was very extensive and highlighted all my skills. In addition, the interview (with perspective manager) provided me with much information about organization, job responsibilities and some education.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter. Chatted with him on the phone about what they do and what's my experience. Pretty standard introduction phone call. Had two technical phone interviews in the same week and got invited to onsite. However, I decided not to move forward with them before the onsite interview. Overall, it's a good interview experience. The people that I've talked to are really nice and patient.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Very long (over 5 months), poorly coordinated interview process by both Recruiting team and interviewing team. No follow up from Recruiting team unless asked. I did not feel the company treated candidates with much respect. The system used for applications submissions is hard to navigate and outdated. Interviews are typical 30-45 min conversations.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about relevant exprience and skills, as well as behavioral questions about difficult situations.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Setting up the interviews didn't take too long. Had a phone screen and then an interview with the hiring manager. However, they never got back to me when they said they would.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and 3 other individuals. Have worked there in the past and they are familiar with work style. Other companies interviews were more high pressure, I think this was mostly a formality to get past since I have worked with a few and had good recommendations.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience with x department working here in the past? What are some improvements that could be made?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Waiting for the formal offer but have been told will be getting one.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Very thorough and long but effective. You have to pass the digital screening, then a phone interview with the Talent Scout... then you go on site. The whole process took a fairly long time. They used a contract firm to do the drug and background checks so there were some hand offs.

Interview Questions

• This depends on the role you are interviewing for....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I had one phone interview to initially check fit and then went in two different times for one in person interviews. Overall, pretty easy experience. It took longer to get an offer than in most companies, but the recruiter kept in touch and updated on where we were in the process.

Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process begins with an email from an EMC recruiter setting up a time and place for the interview with the hiring manager. My hiring process consisted of email, phone and in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Part of my interview included quickly researching types of memory were on the market and which type was utilized in an EMC product offering   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in August 2009.

Interview

The in person interview was not well organized. None of the interviewers were supplied with my resume and some had not interviewed anyone before. One person didn't show up at all for my interview. The people I did talk to were all very smart and dedicated to their work.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when your schedule shows that everything is on track, but your gut tells you something is wrong.   Answer Question