EMC Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Screened by internal recruiter first, followed by phone interview with hiring manager, followed by 3 more phone screens with team member. Was then brought in to interview with the hiring manager. Returned 2 weeks later for 4 more in person interviewes with team members. Last inteview got re-scheduled twice but it finally happened with hiring manager's boss.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Detailed and slow process. Some basic questions on Storage by other PMs. 3 rounds.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cant negotiate too much

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Fairly easy interview. I was probably overqualified for this position, so it gave me more negotiation room. I just talked about past projects and teams.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Third Party - Temp work to prove yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your research; They are looking for those most interested in what they do.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty grueling. I interviewed with 7 managers in one day. The questions were pretty straightforward, nothing too difficult. This was the first Project Manager role for this group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were pretty easy, I just didn't realize I had negotiated myself into the top pay of the role I was accepting. I received less than 1% raise over the next two years. I would never have accepted the role if I'd known that going in.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

The interview process: I had interviews with the managers, got to know them, talked about the job. Basic questions. The last stage was an interview with the HR. They were very nice, told me about the company and about the role, and expectations.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview process were very long, not methodically arranged etc.....
    HR was at loss as to how many rounds they should arrange. going back and forth miss-communicating to candidate and created whole confusion. even after 4 rounds and few waits HR was not sure to make an offer or not

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Pune (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

There are 3 rounds in total, once to clear first round you have interview with managers and post that HR. HR rounds is mostly to discuss the compensation. Post selection the release of offer letter may some time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, took 4 months in total from initial interview process to offer letter. Management wants to understand your experience and your reaction towards a situation given. Helpful in terms of assisting to follow up and understanding the waiting game. Excellent support before and after interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It took more than 6 months. Initially was contacted directly by EMC HR was scheduled for an interview after the 1st round which was just a basic round about my total exp, which technical skills i possess, experience in Project Management, People Management Etc. After that there was no update on the interview process. 1 Month later was informed about the position currently being on hole and will get a call as soon its released. Then after 4 months received a call again from the HR and was informed about the delay and apologies from them. Then followed by 1 Technical round by manager, 1 Technical round by the Onsite Process owners, 1 Video Chat round by the Manager, after which i was told selected. Offer letter to be released will take 1 month time at-least here in EMC, so don't be in a hurry fellas.

Interview Questions

• Interview was all about my current profile, and what are they expecting from me. Was asked if can handle few newer projects for IT Process Governance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. But was satisfied with the Hike they have provided, along with the profile i waiting for.