EMC Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Sales Associate Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Began with meeting recruiter. The other candidates and I waited in a room until some inside sales reps and sales managers came in to introduce themselves. The first part of the interview was an exercise where we had to sell another candidate to the interviewers in 60 seconds. This was followed by panel interview of inside sales reps and then individual interviews with 3 higher-ups.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Was referred by a friend for a position in the east coat. HR got back to me that same day. They scheduled an over the phone interview. The interview went great. The only reservations they had were that they wanted me to gain more sales experience before starting this job. Then they called me and said to contact them again once I have that under my belt.

Interview Questions

• Why EMC? Why sales? Do you have any sales experience? Tell me about a time you had to admit to something you did wrong? Lots of behavioral questions and some open ended.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a very good learning experience. The questions were focused on behavioral situations and the recruiter truly wanted to learn about me. The first round consisted of an interview with a recruiter. The conversation went very well. It was focused on my current qualifications and where I see myself in the future. The second round consisted of a conversation with management. They were curious to learn about my knowledge of EMC and where I fit into the organization. It was very focused on my past experiences and obstacles I have overcame. All in all, it was a great experience and all the employees were very personable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone that you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Had to come in several times and meet with quite a few people. There is a big focus on if you can fit into the "culture" at EMC. Presentation to a team was required and competition for the position was strong.

Interview Questions

• How i expected to be successful at EMC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

EMC interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter in Franklin. He was very friendly, it was mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of your personality. THe next was a one on one interview in the EMC office in my location. This interview was more in depth, but still mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of my character, and to figure out how I would fit in. Then there was a second phone interview with the recruiter again in Franklin. This one was pretty short, as they had already talked to me quite a bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was conducted through my university. There was an initial screening by my school and then the interview by and EMC employee. This was part behavioral and part about my previous sales experience. Most of the emphasis was on getting to know my personality, drive, passion...etc. After accepting the offer you participate in a 6 week sales training program which teaches you everything you need to know about working in tech sales.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. The interview was more about connecting with the interviewer than anything else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Pay was more than generous

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview. If they like you, they'll fly you out to their location for a one on one at their expense. One on one was fairly easy. Make sure you know the company and what they do. You meet with a variety of different managers. If you move from manager to manager fairly quickly, you know you are doing well and they want to get you in front of as many people as possible to get a good look. Make sure you close them and share why you are excited about the opportunity. Prepare. Understand the company and it's technology.

Negotiation

Set compensation structure. May give money for relocation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Intense and long process

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer   1 Answer

Wasn't comfortable with potential manager.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviews went well. Felt comfortable with most interviewers. Fluid conversations. Tested my wish to purse sales, work at EMC, and knowledge of EMC.

One interviewer was cold, and uncomfortable; however, they did believe I'd be a good fit for the training program.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Asked about my background, why i wanted to do sales, why EMC, strengths and weakness'.   1 Answer