EMC Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got connected for the Partner Product Manager position via a recruiter.

Telephonic. Mostly behavioral. Fairly straight forward.

Onsite - Santa Clara - I was flown to Santa Clara. 5 rounds in total. Mostly behavior, some technical and some business cases. Good interview process and helpful as well as experienced interviewers.

Heard back after about 15 days that they are moving forward with other candidates. Apparently they wanted and chose MBA over my storage domain expertise and Masters degree. Close call though.

Negative Feedback - Reimbursement for the trip hasn't yet happened even after 4 months. After the interview the recruiters/coordinators have been very unresponsive and don't even bother to get the approvals on time. Very unhappy with the post interview process and thus spoiling my overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavior, situational, business cases, past experience.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a fairly standard affair, except for the fact that I was interviewing for a creative role within an engineering-heavy company. I submitted a application through LinkedIn and received a call back from an internal recruiter a couple of weeks later. Once I interviewed with the hiring manager, things were fast tracked because I was in process with two other companies in the Silicon Valley and was able to fill a critical role within a newly formed team. Under normal circumstances, I suspect there would have been several more steps involved.

Interview Questions

• Describe your creative process when assessing a new project and deciding how to move forward.   1 Answer

Product Manager/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with the recruiter who set up a 45 min phone interview with the Director of Product Management at a later date. The phone interview was pretty standard and he made me feel very comfortable. He did ask a few brain teaser questions. I then had an person interview about a week later. I interviewed with the Director of Product Management and two product analysts (30 min interview with each) and again the interview was pretty standard... walked through my resume, discussed my skill set and asked some behavioral questions. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about relevant experience and skills along with some behavioral questions (check out their interview guide on their website).   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Screened by internal recruiter first, followed by phone interview with hiring manager, followed by 3 more phone screens with team member. Was then brought in to interview with the hiring manager. Returned 2 weeks later for 4 more in person interviewes with team members. Last inteview got re-scheduled twice but it finally happened with hiring manager's boss.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview with Execs, other PMs and Engineers. I interviewed with about 8 people in all. There was phone screening followed by an onsite visit where I meant current PMs and Engineers. I also interviewed with the VP of Product Management. There were questions are technology trends for storage industry and my vision for the products.

Interview Questions

• Product Knowledge, Trends Analysis, Market landscape knowledge, case study   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not good. they new that I badly wanted the PM role.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy going but a long interview with 6-7 people. First with a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    Next they will arrange a on-site interview. Normally you would hear from them in about a week.

Interview Questions

• I can't post the interview questions here but they are about linked lists, Linux commands, and Ruby   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Screening interview with recruiter - asked basic questions that other websites covered online. Would not let me move past salary expectations - then said that i should think of this as a "lateral" move.... I assume that means my experience from a prior position has no relevance if they weren't offering a salary increase.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

EMC HR recruiter found me on LinkedIn. Called me for a brief interview and then I was called into the Santa Clara office for an interview with the hiring manager. Later spoke with four others in the company via phone interviews. Was scheduled with a fifth person, who on two occasions, never made the call. I emailed the HR person regarding the non phone call. She never responded, I have also emailed her as to inquire about the position. Never received any reply, especially when I wasted a lot of time on phone interviews ad waiting for phone calls that never came. Very poor and unprofessional way to handle a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really - just asked about prior experience. The people I interviewed with were very friendly and professional.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met two recruiters at school career fair. 4 interview events total- 1 at the career fair, 2 after driving to an office location (1 in-person and 1 on phone, 30-45 min each), 7 speed-dating style interviews at their headquarters in a room of over 30 people (30-35 min each- pretty exhausting, but everyone was friendly and they kept us hydrated/fed), then one follow-up phone interview (30 mins).

Interview Questions

• -Some stats you should know if you've done research on the company before going in for the interview: CEO, market cap., P/E, share price, etc.
      -What makes you qualified for this program and position?
      -Give me an example of how you know how to problem-solve.
      -Give me an example of real work experience you've had working in finance. What were you trying to achieve in that project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

Applied online and contacted by the recruiter via email.

Interview Questions

• Applied to a job posting that was relevant to my education and professional experience. I was really interested in the position since EMC is a great technology company and is led by a well-respected management team.

A few weeks later, I was contacted by a recruiter via email. On our very first email exchange, he threw out a salary number that was a lot lower than the average offered by other large tech companies. He said that we could talk only if I accept the amount. I wanted to learn more about the position and the growth potential since they may justify the low salary. The guy replied that there was no conversation unless I accept the amount. I told him that I understand the expectation. He has not replied since.

Terrible recruiting experience. Didn't even get to speak to the hiring manager.   Answer Question