EMC Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

EMC Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Boston, MA

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Marlborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy to read, laid back and not stressful. I always tend to feel comfortable and confident in an interview situation where you are defending/selling yourself. Interviewed with 3 women in all, and that was a hurdle in and of itself (sorry not sorry for stating the truth). But I made them feel comfortable in the situation and confident in my abilities.

Interview Questions

• General finance questions and SAP/EPM system use. pretty basic honestly and i had never used EPM before this roll (all systems function the same way). Asked about some accrual accounting which i thought was odd since im not an accountant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was a little tricky, i only have 2yrs of experience so technically i shouldnt be senior and i interviewed as a principal FA! average at the company for senior is 80-85ish. they gave a low number of 71. i countered and asked not above average or below. firm at 80. Said cant do that since we're not at corporate. came back with 72k. At first it was like a slap in the face an extra 1k ha. But truly thankful for this role since i was desperate to get back on my feet! Made me know it was the right decision because almost 2 months after i started working i got a call back from some of the other corporate FA positions asking to interview. So in the end it worked out.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

About a total of 45 minutes of phone screening in two phone calls with HR rep. When I arrived at office for face-to-face interviews, I met with hiring manager and his supervisor separately. Both stated they have been searching to fill this role for over seven months! When I asked if this was a new position, both gave me a different answer (one said "no" and the other said "yes"). This revealed to me that I think they are not quite sure what they need or what they are looking for. Regardless of who they hire for this role, I doubt if they will be satisfied. Also, may be an indication of lack of communication between the two interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

They called me to set up an interview.
    I interviewd with 3 people on the 1 st interview. It was a good interview very basic questions Why EMC?
    Why do you want to leave current job? What are you doing currently in your job? what are your goals...etc

2 nd interview with other group members. Was more like meeting them.