EMC Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

3.1

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I had a little under 30 minute phone interview about myself, my goals, projects, extracurricular and resume. Heard back from them in a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 people. 3 peers and two managers from our group. It was very casual, some of them asked technical questions and others trying to understand my attitude. OVerall i liked how the interview process went. Nothing to complain.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied the position online. HR contacted me after some time and sent me a screening doc. I finished it very soon. Then an onsite interview was scheduled. I expected a half day or a whole day interview, however, to my surprise, the interview took only half an hour with the hiring manager that day. After about one week, the hiring manager himself contacted me and scheduled me the follow-up interviews.
    As to my experience, the hiring process was a mass. However, the hiring manager was very nice.

Interview Questions

• My program crashes, please enumerate all possible causes.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC in October 2014.

Interview

Had two technical phone interviews. I had good experience with the first person, who was very nice. The second person was rude and even though I answered all his questions correctly, I have not heard back again and did not answer my follow up email.

Interview Questions

• Given an array A of integers (with arbitrary order), and an integer value m, find two elements of A whose sum is m.   3 Answers
    • How to prove that there are infinite number of prime numbers   1 Answer
    • Implementing an index for a storage system.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

highly varied - no standard procedure is followed. no follow up. one gets treated badly at times. the interviewers also ask weird questions - poor hiring process. the people are good - process is broken

Interview Questions

• very specific technology question.....from the bygone era   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process was long may be for the group that I was getting hired to. This group was new and was hiring to grow the team. People who interviewed were smart and good at what they were asking. But, was not grilling as in a typical scenario. All the team members interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Mostly whatever was in the resume and C# related questions and job related questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was really nice. They wanted to kick start a new project and I had a good ex on that. They interviewed me on that ex, and then since i already knew their systems before hand as i had worked on it, there were not many question asked on that.

Negotiation

Ok

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

They invited me for an onsite without any phone screening, and had 4 team members plus the manager interview me one-on-one. And the feedback was given the 2nd day by their HR, and then they went ahead to do background checking. I found out they didn't even bother to call up my references. During the 2nd week, their HR called me and offered the verbal offer, and after I accepted it they Fedex'ed written offer immediately. It was a good and effective interview process!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my projects and products I worked on at my previous company. And they also asked me if I knew anything about storage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The onsite interview started with a project description by the hiring manager. Then 4 engineers from the group and other groups will have a one-on-one talk with you. Most of questions are about programming skills, and they will ask you to write source code on a whiteboard. One interviewer asked a technical question about how to address a challenging problem in practical environments. My suggestion is, to be prepared, especially on programming skills. Better to have some practice of writing code on a whiteboard before the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, NH) in January 2012.

Interview

People only ask some questions about my previous working experience. Not many technical questions. The entire interview is 4 hours with 4 engineers, 1 manager and 1 director. People are very nice and not focus on testing you with the questions they prepared, instead they tried to know what you did before and ask questions about your previous work.