EMC Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Louisville, CO).

Interview

Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work?   Answer Question
  • How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

3 or 4 interviews after the phone screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy to get to the bottom line in a down economy.

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

interview was conducted in the EMC campus and was interviewed by three team members from the team i joined

first and second round was technical and last was an techno-managerial round

Interview Questions

• about yourself and then started with technical discussions   1 Answer