EMC Senior Technical Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Senior Technical Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The overall process is usually 3 to 6 months. Best way to get hired is to already know someone who works there or be a good customer. The pay is usually pretty good but the pressure can be intense for long periods of time. Average work week was about 60 hours and there was a lot of travel! Typically you will be asked how you feel about travel and working a few extra hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to diffuse a potentially volatile situation in the work place. Describe how you diffused an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was pretty much told what they were willing to pay and to take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in January 2007.

Interview

The initial interview was at a recruiter's office and was strictly technical. The second interview was made up of 3 pieces.

A: 5 separate interviews wit 5 different people, each once focusing on a separate area (personality, resume, networking, OS, storage)
    B: was a 25 minute technical presentation to 15 technical people
    C: was an 1:1 with the hiring boss.

Interview Questions

• You have no training experience, what makes you feel as thought you would make a good instructor?   2 Answers

Negotiation

no - negotaion available

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process I had with EMC was 10 years back, and it was pretty simple. I only had one group interview, and then I got offer. But it took more than 1-2 months as the process was very slow, which is understandable for large corporation like EMC.

Interview Questions

• What shall you do if manager from other team is asking you to do something?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2010.

Interview

Was referred by an existing employee I met at a conference.

Steps:

- Phone
    - One-on-one with the hiring manager
    - Technical/Strategy with the team-lead
    - Personality with executive 1/2
    - Personality with executive 2/2

Overall, of any interview I've ever been involved with, this the most in-depth from a background perspective.

My online activity for blogging, twitter and various commenting on sites was brought up. Something as recent as I posted on a site the night before, was a discussion point in the interview the following morning. I was extremely impressed with their HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of product X for market Y. Can it be improved? Would you scrap it? Would you merge it with another?, if so - which?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very happy with the offer, negotiation wasn't necessary - as they simply doubled my previous salary.