EMC Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.1

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a phone call interview. The hr asked about my projects on my resume as well as my education background. At last the hr told me my background wasn't good enough.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

First call was a screening call, just basic knowledge and questions.
    Second call was with a hiring manager, a little bit more in depth and why EMC/sales.
    Office visit consisted of

Overall the process was okay. The phone calls were standard, office was nice and people were awesome. Enjoyed meeting the managers, all very down to earth people. They are definitely very specific in the kind of person they take.

Interview Questions

• Why tech industry
      Where else are you applying
      Tell me about a time that you failed
      Tell me about a time that you achieved a goal and how   Answer Question

EMC Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - this is really helpful to our hiring teams, recruiters and future candidates. Good luck to you!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in March 2016.

Interview

(Rotational Program)
    Simple phone interview about my resume. They were very nice about it but due to F-1 Visa status I can't be considered for this position. The questions were simply about past experience with programming and questions about explaining key points I had on my resume; be prepared to answer in-depth anthing you have on your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 1 aptitude, 1 technical which was very general asking about my previous internships and also details about my undergraduate degree. The technical was taken by 2 employees simultaneously .

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Employee Referral. Recruiter got me in contact with a hiring manager for a role at Hopkington, MA. My school is in Massachusetts so that possibly helped. I basically got informed a manager would like to interview me and went through with it, though I wasn't completely prepared.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC in July 2015.

Interview

30-min phone interview. Go through resume and then online coding.
    The interviewee is pretty nice and provided the hints when you get stuck. Unfortunately, fail to go to next step since I didn't prepare well for coding.

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge of File System
      some basic coding questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

First got a call from HR on scheduling an interview with an engineer. It was phone interview and most of them were related to Computer Science basic questions regarding Algorithms and Data Structures, Analytics and Technologies that I have worked on. There was one more phone interview but that was more on what would be my responsibilities and tasks if selected and what all technologies that I would be required to learn.

Interview Questions

• How would you process a data of size beyond your machine limit?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Applied at a career fair. Had an on- campus interview. After two weeks, got a call from HR, who scheduled for an interview with the manager. After, phone interview with the manager, had two more technical phone screens.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially there was a 1:1 interview with two members of the Firmware team and then a phone screen with the manager of the Firmware. The response was fast and it was for a co-op opportunity for 6-8 months. Most of the questions were based on algorithms, Operating Systems, Sorting algorithms and complexity.

Interview Questions

• 1. You are given two sorted array. Merge the two arrays to get a final sorted array. How do you do this with minimum complexity?( minimum run-time and memory space)   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

operating system / networking related questions. grilling interview. answered all the questions. oo, UML related also. overall the process was smooth, contacted by HR first and then contacted by the interviewer. very good hr.