EMC Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Telephonic interview by Hiring manager followed by five rounds of interview with various team members. The last round also included an onsite sales presentation to a panel of interviewers. More importance given to presentation and communication skills than to technical skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was too good to decline

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I was referred to the company via my network reaching out to the retained recruiter. The process, stalled at first, went very quickly to the offer. The process started with the recruiter then hiring manager, and finally with the Division Manager. My recommendation is to use your network to help you coach you on what is important to the company and the interviewer's style.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Understand what you would consider acceptable and consider countering the offer if appropriate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC in October 2013.

Interview

I transferred from another team internally, so the process was pretty easy, albeit slow. The paperwork and requisition approval can take a while. Once that was all done, the transition to the new team was pretty much instantaneous.

Interview Questions

• No big surprises, just an analysis of what I've done and what the new job would entail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process of this IT company is quite similar than others that I attened before. At the beginning I have interview with their Human Resources people then go through those standard conversation. Then I have interview with their IT manager. After a simple introduction of myself nd answer sever general questions then the interviews finished.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (McLean, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a recruiter who forwarded my resume to managers with openings she felt I was a good fit for. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, a face-to-face with the hiring manager, a phone interview with another individual on the team, a phone interview with the second line manager, and a face-to-face with the second line manager. Decision making to hire seemed fairly standard, HR process seemed a little less than streamlined to get me an offer letter and a start date.

Interview Questions

• Upper management was much more tech savy than I have experienced at other companies. It was refreshing, but unexpected. This was demonstrated by asking for active, whiteboard solutioning as part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

Initially a 1*1 telephonic interview followed by a group interview by 5 members in a team.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in August 2015.

Interview

Basically, three times talking to SE managers. I've been working for EMC in other country so nothing new. I was a SE there and I just got a relocation.

Interview Questions

• Basically, three times talking to SE managers. I've been working for EMC in other country so nothing new.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marathahalli (India)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Marathahalli (India)).

Interview

Interview process is around 4 rounds.
    Two technical rounds one managerial round and one HR round
    Most of d questions will be from currently working technology and currently working projects.
    Analytical questions will be asked in managerial round.
    Overall good experience with interview process.

Interview Questions

• questions about spring and spring integration   1 Answer

Negotiation

If profile is good be prepared to negotiate

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

very easy , very basic question on testing methodoligies..
    the process was basically screen me for associate position so .. it wasnt tough at all.
    i interviewed for department BRS
    my final interview was with a senior manager which was best of all .
    no cliched questions are asked as to why you want to leave your previous job etc

Interview Questions

• write test cases for a IP phone   1 Answer

Negotiation

decent

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in May 2013.

Interview

4-5 long interviews over phone.. last one is onsite lasting 4 hours
    includes inspection of all your experiences with real time scenarios and use cases to propose an architecture/solution for. Many persons included in the process (Sales, presales lead, presales director, etc)

Interview Questions

• How Enterprise Management software applications can manage 3rd party technologies   Answer Question