EMC Technical Support Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

fairly laid back, technical questions. home life, work ethics. talked about being able to support a product remotely and over the phone, e-mail. talked about being able to handle issues while under stress and still be able to communicate in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Durham, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

be prepared to solve problems. Commands like ping, trace rout. Show that your curious and wall exhaust numerous step before seeking more guidance, Never give up. Try =, try, try yo to solve. Iy is a game. And you win a job ay an awesome company.

Interview Questions

• can remember exact but some technical and some behavioral. They just want to see that your even keeled and can work in a team,   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was reluctant to negotiate. My recruiter was awesome. I have a wife and baby and moved very far. They really took this into consideration when making a comp package that would help make my families transitioneasir

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, then two interviews at facility with managers, then several background checks including a drug test, then verbal offer, then official offer (these were discussed with a recruiter over the phone). After accepting, I received a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Provided extended work history and resume, single interview. They were hiring a lot of ITT Graduates and the employment support made sure I was aware of the opportunity. Applying for GSAP they wanted to confirm I had a desire to learn,proven history(associates degree in technical field) and helped place me internally based on my technical experience.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

EMC is more worried about soft skills in the interview rather than technical expertise. The better your expertise the better the salary and position. However, without the soft skills you will not work here. I was picked up by an internal EMC recruiter then contacted by her for a 1:1 interview. She met me and walked me in to a 2:1 session. Afterwards I was asked to come back in for a final interview. It was to be 2:1 again but the person opt'd to go 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Most positions require RAID, networking, enterprise storage knowledge. They will ask you how much you know about EMC. They like it if you know their history a little bit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They sent an email (pdf) with the offer in which I had so long to reply.

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was on April 23, 2016 in Bangalore. I got interview intimation from Freshers World on April 21, 2016 and booked my Air ticket immediately on next day as I belong to Kolkata. Reported to EMC Bangalore office on 23rd morning at 9 am. There was about 150 candidates..... number of openings was not known. There were many rounds --- GD, General Aptitude, Technical, HR, Sr manager...I crossed all the rounds with 21 others and came out about 8 pm in the evening after meeting Sr Manager with a great hope. All the round was very cordial. We (22 Nos) were told that the result will be intimated through Email. Came back to kolkata on 24 April and waited almost 7 days with huge tension and finally came to know that only 2 have received the offer and others including me did not receive any intimation. My interview was, I think, was quite okay and expected heavily to be selected. So felt very frustrated for few days for not being called for Now I am okay and fighting to get a job. Company was very good and it was me who probably failed to impress them on certain points and hope next time, if any, I will be able to get selected.

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview had 5 rounds:
    Group Discussion
    Online Aptitude Test
    Technical and Scenario Writing(Paper)
    Technical 1-to-1
    HR Round

The process was very well structured and took about 8-9 hours. If you have good Communication skills, with mediocre to good knowledge on basics of all the Computer Science topics, and a mind to willingly to choose this path, you will succeed.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on File Systems such as ext2, ext4,etc.; Storage Related such as RAID, parts in HDD   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Submit your CV and usually will get initial call after 3 -14 days. Interview process goes as HR interview, Technical Interview, Team Lead interview, managerial interviews. If you pass one interview you get to the next til your final interview. The whole interviewing process takes about 1 week and you will know your if you are accepted or rejected within a few business days.

Interview Questions

• - HR interview: pretty basic, go through your CV talking about your past experiences and a little in depth about projects and responsibilities held, a few personality questions, why you want to join EMC and why you want to leave your current employment (if applies).

- Technical Interview:
      College graduated basic knowledge in Networking, Networks, Software development life cycle, programming languages, programming paradigms, Unix/Linux basic commands, file systems.
      Expect any questions to skills writen on your CV.

- Team Leader Interview: Goes through the CV again, expect advance technical questions with respect to your technical background on your CV. Situation based assessment what/how would you do if faced with a certain situation?

Managerial Interviews: 2 parts one with a department manager and one with the General Manager. Going through your CV again and expect to be asked technical questions regarding your skills on your CV. As for the GM interview, going through your CV to get to know your personality more, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Cairo (Egypt)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 interviews in 2 days in Cairo COE
    - My direct manager: Managerial interview (easy)
    - Technical interview (gone through my list of technical skills) (average)
    - HR Director: Managerial interview (easy)
    I got a phone offer then a mail offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Android and iOS in submitting a request?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Jam + Aptitude + Technical written + 3 interviews

Interview Questions

• Why is your marks so unstable?   1 Answer