EMC Technical Support Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

EMC Technical Support Engineer II Interview Questions

2.9

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter.
This was the most unprofessional interview ever, she pressed me over an over to release my current salary history.
Then declined to share the salary range.
Very rude and condescending, first impression is everything I withdrew my application immediately and ended the call with the recruiter.
So ashamed and I still refuse to believe this recruiter works for such an industry leader like EMC.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Pleasant Grove, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to two interviews one with HR and then one with the hiring manager. HR only asked basic questions such as name and how much pay am i willing to accept.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Was initially hired on as one of the first GSAPs in Utah so my experience may be different than others. I had 1 technical interview over the phone and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where to find the network config file on a Unix host.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate due to this being a GSAP position.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted quickly after applying. Two to three or possibly more interviews depending on technical complexity of the product. Mix of technical and managerial interview scenarios, many or all conducted same day. Traditional company environment, so dress to impress.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed, there were 2 people there, 1 technical and 1 manager. So questions were asked regarding both technical and cultural social skills questions. Both individuals were very professional and not looking to catch you in a wrong answer. Very honest and direct questions.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of Linux questions like, what is df, sudo, ssh, vi, and many other linux questions.   1 Answer
    • How would you diagnose a slow performing backup   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Duluth, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Group interviews. 3 parts. The first was just Over all questions to get a feel for your personality. The next was to gauge your technical experience. The third was to see how you would fit with the products. At no time did they specify or interview for any particular product. Then there was 3 month training to teach you all products. At no time did they ever ask which products you would be interested in or feel comfortable with. They test your knowledge, then assign you to a product.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

The Interview Process is good.
    Made Feel at comfort.
    Good Technical Questions.
    Good Management.
    Good Environment at work place.
    Encouraging people around.
    This section has tips and advice on how to prepare for interviews, how to behave when attending an interview, and some suggestions about the kinds of questions you might get asked.

Once again, congratulations, and best of luck with the interview!

Interview Questions

• The Interview Process is good.
      Made Feel at comfort.
      Good Technical Questions.
      Good Management.
      Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Interview

You will have easy rounds of interview, one technical & then managerial & after which HR roung, all are pretty easy, you have to have a very good knowledge of the position you have worked in past. You can be straight forward.

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Technical Interview Rounds
    Since I was not present in Bangalore then , I had technical rounds over phone.
    I was given Flight Tickets to fly to Bangalore to give in person Managerial Rounds.
    Managerial Round
    Senior Manager Round
    HR Round

Interview Questions

• Technical as well as personal to know the best in you.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC in April 2013.

Interview

First is technical round, the questions are based on the skillset you had put in.
    Next is manager round , senior manager round , comm round and HR round .
    Once you go through , the job is yours.