EMC Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMC (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with four tech support engineers and two managers. Most of the tech support peers were friendly and nice. They seemed very welcoming. One of the managers was very good and professional. The other one was rude and expected me to know everything.

Interview Questions

• Questions about OCR, exporting to databases, SQL queries   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview on phone with HR, interview separately with each team member in person, interview with boss on phone. No second interview. There was an even exchange of information about the job verses my sharing of what/how my experience that could match it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was an offer over the phone from HR. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

One interview. 2 interviewers and a conference call with senior mgmt. 30-60 min. Got a call the next day.,

Interview Questions

• What is the protocol that includes the three-way handshake called?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not an option.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

I started as a contractor with an interview with them then an interview with the Manager at EMC. They called me back and let me know. The interview was very laid back. The most interesting interview I've ever had. I basically told them this is what I wanted and he said ok. Then I was accepted into a program for training and to be hired on. My Manager submitted me so I didn't have to interview again. Other had two interviews one phone then one in person with your possible manager. They are all different people. Not one type so you really can't plan for them. Just be professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult for me. Others had to guess something based on a topic to find the answer to see how many guesses it took for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward and they gave an offer sheet with what they pay everyone for my training program. It was to good to refuse. Others I'm not sure how hard it was to negotiate. I've heard though that you should try for everything you can get upfront because you won't get much better latter. Depending on your situation.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC in June 2011.

Interview

Regular questions and regular interview
    Need Oral English
    Behavior Questions and two round phone call interview
    Soft skill is the most important parts. The interview process is quick and HR is responsible. Prepare the testing and can see it online.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

Long process . interview 1:1 with all 5 technical members in group , The with the Manager then the Group VP. Mostly all the interviews lasted about 45minuites to 1 hour per person. Process spanned several day as not all the team member were on site at the same time

Interview Questions

• 1. TCP I/P Theory of operation. differences between CIFS & NFS.
      2. Describe all different types of EMC RAID Levels and Pro vs Con on where there deployment would be best utilized.   Answer Question
    • What is the name of the file thats responsible for initial configuration for Samba server. Describe some of the type of functions inside the config file and what
      is the name of the Param that enables CIFS functionality in Samba.   1 Answer

Negotiation

back and forth ..I got my number my number but the percentage of MBO was 15%. I would have preferred a high salary and only 10% MBO.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Firstly one has to face a jam round in which you have to speak on any topic for a minute. In this round your coomunication will be checked and later if you qualify this round you will have one written test in which some aptitude questions will be there and after this also u will have some technical test (offline) based on linux,os,sql followed by two questions based on situations like being as a technical support engineer what are you going to do if your companie's product has some fault and the customer wants some solution from you(this is just an example u will have quite different question) etc.......again after qualifying this you have a technical round followed by an hr round.

Interview Questions

• Project, troubleshooting questions(What happens internally when a computer is switched on.......)   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There were around 6 Rounds
    Round 1 : GD (to check communication skills)
    Round 2 : Online Aptitude round
    Round 3 : Written Technical
    Round 4 : HR and Technical Mixed
    Round 5 : HR and Technical Mixed (1 Level up)
    Round 6 : HR round
    It was very lengthy process, almost took a day. They will try to dig into your personality and a very little on Technical ground.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out of the other candidates? What are the types of network topology?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. Aptitude, group disscussion, technical test and essay, face to face. Fairly easy in terms of difficulty in technical, aptitude and group discussion. Personal interview was rigorous and took about 40 mins.

Was asked to sign a 4 year service agreement

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

no special comments interview is on captiva inputaccel the projects and how do we configure the Input accel and einput modules. interviewer asked questions regarding the multi module deleting nodes and their parameters

Negotiation

not good