EMCOR (Connecticut) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMCOR (Connecticut) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2016

2.0

Facilities Maintenance Interview

Interview

Two step process.

Recruiting team will call you if they fell you will be a great valiable asset to the company.
     The women I spoke to was very polite, soft spoken voice, good sense of humor.
     I think that is what broke the ice.
    By her being so easly to speak to.
    I fell it made me open up and was very helpful.

Then if they like you on to step 2.
    Interview with the future boss.
    If all goes well.
    Congratulations.
    If not hey, you always have tomorow.

Interview Questions

• what makes you stand out from the rest of the candidates.?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Norristown, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Knowing what I now know, I would think twice about ever applying for a position with this company.

The HR Staffing Specialist first contacted me to schedule our phone interview. Next he emailed me a link to fill out a company on line application, and then scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with (4) of the Senior Buyers on site. That interview lasted 1.5 hrs. I should also mention that the HR agent who told me he'd introduce himself prior to my interview, never even bothered to stop by to meet me or offer any apology for not doing so.

I came prepared for my interview. Extra copies of my resume in hand, dressed professionally and I had arrived ten minutes early. After the interview had ended I thanked all 4 interviewers for their time, and also followed up with the group via email.

Following this, the same HR agent sent me one more email, asking me about my salary requirements. I replied to his email that same day, and have NEVER HEARD BACK since...

Despite my polite requests weeks ago for some update on my candidacy, EMCOR never even bothered to respond. I sent an email as well as a telephone message to the HR agent. Both have gone unanswered Quite unprofessional protocol in my opinion. If that's how they treat non-employees, including those like myself who happen to be applying for a position with their company, I can only imagine what their culture is internally.

EMCOR should understand and appreciate how much time and preparation candidates spend as they navigate through the interview process. My approach throughout had remained professional. I was very disappointed that this company sets such low expectations for themselves. I'm not in Sales or Marketing..but even I know that "image is everything".

Interview Questions

• How did I handle overcoming an unforeseen issue at my past company?   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was quite interesting i met with one manager and then another, questions were typically the same as other interviews. It was a fast process. I was interviewed by a general managet and then the manager i would be working under.

Investor Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Tons of behavior questions. Interviewer are very friendly and willing to answer questions. Barely asked any technical questions. They have a long list of questions. They go over each question and take a lot of notes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Norwalk, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Initially contacted by HR then asked to come in for an interview. Asked back for a second interview. I had done extensive research on the company but what I learned was not necessary for the interview.

Shipping Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Durham, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Not much. Typical procedures.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut).

Interview

Was a great process and at the time the hiring manager was very knowledgeable.

Negotiation

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut).

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter for USM, who explained the position and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview there were two more in person interviews with managers. Received a mailed offer letter detailing wages and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous employment and what I liked and disliked the most about the job. Also, asked what I felt were my weakness and what was my stongest attribute.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) in January 2008.

Interview

Telephone call from employer, date set to meet. 1:1 with CEO.

Interview Questions

• why do I want to leave my current job.   1 Answer