EMCOR (Connecticut) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.3

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

A series of 3 different in-person interviews over the course of about 10 days. During the last interview I received a verbal offer which I accepted. I then turned in my two-week notice at my other job. Big mistake!

Unfortunately, when I received my written offer, it was for 5 thousand dollars less than what I shook hands over. And it didn't specify that I would be getting my own company car as verbally promised.

On my first day on the job they informed me they were sorry but the hiring manager made a mistake and they don't supply company cars anymore.

Lesson learned...never quit your job until you have an iron-clad written offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• As a start-up 3rd party management account, they wanted to know about my experience dealing with arrangements like this.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I got an interview through a recruiter and it was a fairly speedy process for an in-person interview. They asked personality questions, technical questions, and then some random problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• What point on Earth can you walk a mile south, then a mile west, and then a mile north and end up at the same exact point you started at?   1 Answer

Mobile Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call for initial screening and questions. Then a in person meeting, for further discussion and questions about related experience. Then a wait time period and an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• describe related experience.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Norristown, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Knowing what I now know, I would think twice about ever applying for a position with this company.

The HR Staffing Specialist first contacted me to schedule our phone interview. Next he emailed me a link to fill out a company on line application, and then scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with (4) of the Senior Buyers on site. That interview lasted 1.5 hrs. I should also mention that the HR agent who told me he'd introduce himself prior to my interview, never even bothered to stop by to meet me or offer any apology for not doing so.

I came prepared for my interview. Extra copies of my resume in hand, dressed professionally and I had arrived ten minutes early. After the interview had ended I thanked all 4 interviewers for their time, and also followed up with the group via email.

Following this, the same HR agent sent me one more email, asking me about my salary requirements. I replied to his email that same day, and have NEVER HEARD BACK since...

Despite my polite requests weeks ago for some update on my candidacy, EMCOR never even bothered to respond. I sent an email as well as a telephone message to the HR agent. Both have gone unanswered Quite unprofessional protocol in my opinion. If that's how they treat non-employees, including those like myself who happen to be applying for a position with their company, I can only imagine what their culture is internally.

EMCOR should understand and appreciate how much time and preparation candidates spend as they navigate through the interview process. My approach throughout had remained professional. I was very disappointed that this company sets such low expectations for themselves. I'm not in Sales or Marketing..but even I know that "image is everything".

Interview Questions

• How did I handle overcoming an unforeseen issue at my past company?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Norwalk, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Initially contacted by HR then asked to come in for an interview. Asked back for a second interview. I had done extensive research on the company but what I learned was not necessary for the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut).

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter for USM, who explained the position and set up a phone interview. After the phone interview there were two more in person interviews with managers. Received a mailed offer letter detailing wages and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous employment and what I liked and disliked the most about the job. Also, asked what I felt were my weakness and what was my stongest attribute.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Arlington, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted and invited for an interview. The interview went well. I was told they would make a decision about a month later. I never heard back. Please don't invite people to an interview if you don't have the decency to let them know the position has been filled.

Investor Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Tons of behavior questions. Interviewer are very friendly and willing to answer questions. Barely asked any technical questions. They have a long list of questions. They go over each question and take a lot of notes.

Maintenance Mechanic II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was quite interesting i met with one manager and then another, questions were typically the same as other interviews. It was a fast process. I was interviewed by a general managet and then the manager i would be working under.

Shipping Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMCOR (Connecticut) (Durham, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Not much. Typical procedures.