EMD Millipore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Resolution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Got call from 3rd party recruiter regarding this position (1yr contract). Gave them permission to submit my resume and got called in for an interview a week later. Went in to interview with the team lead and her manager. Was then offered the position the very next day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I went it knowing the position was going to be paid at a set rate. I was happy with the rate, so there was no negotiation.

Tech Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

3 rounds, first with HR, then over the phone with the managers and supervisors and a final interview on site with both HR and all the interviewers.

The questions were pretty basic and everyone was really nice. It was super laid back, I kind of knew that I got the job and most questions were repetitive ( because different managers took turns for the interview). I was told to feel free to say that I've already answered the same question previously.

Interview Questions

• Basically the questions were to gauge how your past work experience will fit into the new role. And how your personality could blend in with the team   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. HR told me that the salary for this particular role was pretty fixed.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMD Millipore.

Interview

Came back for two interviews with various people. It was fine and the interviewers were nice. The salary negotiation was shutdown immediately so salary did not go up by much so not happy about that.

Manufacturing Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaffrey, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Jaffrey, NH).

Interview

It was only a few minutes after the agreed upon time, and the interviewer was very polite and professional. I was virtually being offered the job then, but was told that I'd get a call, which came across as more of a formality than anything, and I felt that my chances were pretty good. I did not receive one, however, and I was surprised to find that my emails went unanswered for long periods of time, and with very cryptic responses. I think the person in charge of hiring is simply overworked, as she made casually mentioned the fact that she is responsible for scores of individuals, but as someone seeking gainful employment, it's annoying to not be told whether or not I will hired in a relatively short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• There were no real surprise questions that one wouldn't expect from a fairly standard job interview.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA).

Interview

People were friendly, head quarters is modern and clean. Straight forward 1:1 interview with immediate supervisor, HR and upper sales management. Any additional detail will establish my identity. Sales force is very small.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you over came your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given everything I asked for. It was un eventful and simple.

Bioanalytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Boston, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site interview. During the Phone interveiw, they asked about personal biographics about previous work experiences, educaton and etc. During the on-site interview, they included 1:1 interview with department manger, group interview with team members. they asked more specific questions related to the position posted, and more detailed professional skills

Interview Questions

• general questions related to the open position, previous work experiences, more detailed professional skills   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Interviewed by the hiring manager, HR and other associates within the group. 30 minutes are allotted for each interview.

Interview Questions

• Question about business strategy in an emerging market space.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Already an employee at EMD Millipore, serving in a different role in the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Manufacturing Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Temecula, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview with the entire lab. Asked me normal and general questions. Then moved on to questions about my educational background and future goals. The interview consisted of around 20 people. Each individual took turns asking you a question that ranged from serious to comical. Overall, the experience was intimidating but great!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with laboratory work?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Bedford, MA).

Interview

I had a short interview with HR at my college. Then had a phone interview with my manager. No on-site interview.

Interview Questions

See What EMD Millipore Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Customer Service (Non-specific) in Billerica, MA

Pros: “A job is a job right up until you make it a career, which is just a job that you take seriously. Millipore was my first legitimate corporate position, and through enthusiasm, diligent work...”“A job is a job right up until you make it a career, which is just a job that you take seriously. Millipore was my first legitimate corporate position, and through enthusiasm, diligent work, a friendly demeanor and a desire to learn, Millipore provided experience in spades. The money was nice, too. Millipore's Lean Six Sigma group is top notch. If you have the ability to work with them, take advantage of their experience and knowledge. Also, EMD Millipore pays its CS department very well in comparison to other corporations. Their college reimbursement is also fantastic. Advice to current and future employees: Some of the best, most experienced and well paid people at EMD Millipore moved from department to department, or even left and came back. Don't stay in one place too long. Sometimes you need to take a step back to move two steps forward.” – Full Review