EMMES Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMMES Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Bioinformatics Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and called me to discuss the position. Exchanged pertinent information and requirements/qualifications. Questions were both about background in biology and programming; nothing too specific. But they did say additional interviews may ask more in depth questions. Said they would followup but never did.

Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the career fair at my university. They called me and arranged an interview. I was interviewed by five people all sitting in a same room. The Interview was about 4 hours long and that was because managers in the room had to leave for their meetings and come back. They asked repetitive questions because one manager wasn't there at a time when they asked that question first. Overall, they were friendly and questions were quite easy.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Stupid ditzy lady giggled pompously while defending herself as she blurted out some scientific words that she worked hard not to fumble. A young recent college graduate with glassy glaze asked me how I would work inside a team. Lmao.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us   1 Answer

Clinical Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Telephone, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I get email very next day. to set up initial discussion abou background and skills which set up next week, I gave interview on phone.
    after 3 days i get another email to inform me about position they are decide to give another person , with more experiance.
    they ask about my past work experience and certification and education

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 months. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview and then eventually an on-site interview. Interview lasted about 3 hours and you meet up with different project groups (they were groups of 2 for me) to talk about your background, experiences, etc. There was also a written assessment asking to write a bit about yourself and a QC portion to test your attention to detail.

Protocol Manager/Data Monitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I first applied online through the company website. One month later I was contacted by a recruitor about a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the headquarters for an in-person interview. During the interview I had to take an assessment, produce a writing sample, and met with different project groups. Ultimately, the project groups decide if you are valauble to the company or not.

Interview Questions

• -Quick assessment (want to see if you can pay attention to detail)
      -Writing assignment
      -Met with different project groups (will receive information of projects beforehand)
      -Wanted to know about specific experiences with data
      1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation in February 2016.

Interview

Turnaround time to hear about the status of the position, to set up an interview and to learn if they are still interested took sometime. A lot of waiting to hear back with approximately 2 months from initial contact to job offer.

The overall interview with the teams went well and it was nice that I interviewed with several different teams because even if one team wasn't a good fit, there is bound to be another team which matches your interest. I met with 3 different groups but it was not overwhelming, 2 people we group. Questions did not overlap with previously asked questions which is good.

Interview Questions

• Standard question. What do you know about us, why do you want to work here, why did you leave your last employment etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very quick. They had a figure in mind and offered it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation.

Interview

Submitted application online. Had brief interview over the phone with HR. Had 3-hour on site visit, beginning with a brief HR meeting, then MS Word and grammar test; then three interviews: one with corporate representative; one with project leadership; and one with project peers. I thought I failed the Word test, even though I am a pretty expert user -- the test requires you to use one particular approach to each action (i.e., going to the Ribbon Menu -- no keyboard shortcuts etc.). But they told me later that most expert users complain about this, so they factor that in.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation, in each case, than a structured interview. But that was partially by my influence: I wanted to assess whether I thought I would like working with these people, and so I was sure to engage them in conversation. Since your "fit" with the project will determine your happiness at Emmes, I would recommend you do the same thing. They will be focused on skill sets etc; but assuming you understand the nature of the job you are applying for, you should be more focused on whether you think you will like working with the project team members you meet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not great: the HR person asked me about salary in very first phone interview, and that's exactly what they offered. But I already had a pretty good idea of the salary range, and so got a decent starting salary. (But don't expect big increases, or fast promotion: with the exception of tiny annual increases you will live your starting salary for a long time here.)

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I heard back from EMMES fairly quickly in order to set up my initial phone interview with HR. A was brought in for a face-to-face about a week later. For the SAS programmer role, there was a 30-question SAS assessment that needed to be completed with a fairly wide range of material present. Nothing out of the ordinary for anyone certified in using SAS.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical interview questions, mostly relating to past work experience (particularly related to SAS knowledge/familiarity).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the HR rep. He was pleasant. We had a back and forth about a potential salary. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived, I was asked to take a rather simple test. Once that was complete, I met with 5 different project teams over the course of several hours. This was a rather grueling process. Each team would describe their project and then ask me the same generic interview questions on loop. I could not even remember the first few projects by the end. My mind was basically on a repeating loop at that point. Be prepared for a long interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions; what do you see yourself doing, describe prior experiences, etc.   Answer Question