EMMES Corporation Interview Questions in Rockville, MD | Glassdoor

EMMES Corporation Interview Questions in Rockville, MD

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Unique interview style. After a phone screening, I was asked to come in for an interview. I thought I was meeting with one project team. However, halfway through the interview, the first group scurried off and two new people entered. Each project team seemed to go over their project briefly, then asked very similar questions. I think the oddest part of the interview, was having to write a paragraph about why I chose a specific career path/ or university class in a ten minute time frame. I have never had to prove my paragraph writing skills before, especially for a job that required at minimum a bachelors degree. It was a bit off-putting to say the least.

Biostatistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Gave a talk, had a group of people ask me questions for a bit, met with a few different teams and they described some of their projects and the areas that they work in. Sat in a room and people came in every 30 minutes. 10 - 3 pm interview. They also asked questions about my research and described if I would want to work in clinical trials.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Stupid ditzy lady giggled pompously while defending herself as she blurted out some scientific words that she worked hard not to fumble. A young recent college graduate with glassy glaze asked me how I would work inside a team. Lmao.

Protocol Manager/Data Monitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I first applied online through the company website. One month later I was contacted by a recruitor about a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the headquarters for an in-person interview. During the interview I had to take an assessment, produce a writing sample, and met with different project groups. Ultimately, the project groups decide if you are valauble to the company or not.

Interview Questions

• -Quick assessment (want to see if you can pay attention to detail)
      -Writing assignment
      -Met with different project groups (will receive information of projects beforehand)
      -Wanted to know about specific experiences with data   1 Answer

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Performed a 10-minute writing test. Performed a 10-minute quality control test. Interviewed with two project teams, separately. Be mindful of the time to make sure you ask questions before time runs out on each one. Keep your answers short and clear and relevant to the job, and pay attention to what the interviewers ask and also mention about the projects. I do quality work, but interviewing is my Achilles heel and I did poorly. Did not sense a lot of rapport with the first team. The second team felt much better.

Really wanted to work for this company. But silver lining is not having to interact with the HR male again. Made comments I found unprofessional and negative. Never had a favorable impression of him since an open house the company put on. Was in line heading up to the table, and he cut right in front of me. I first thought he was another attendee doing this! But turned out he was/is an HR person, never said excuse me or offered a greeting, just sort of bulldozed right in. If that were my company, he would not be employed there.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing: Describe what kinds of things I've done involving digging into data.   Answer Question

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I heard back from EMMES fairly quickly in order to set up my initial phone interview with HR. A was brought in for a face-to-face about a week later. For the SAS programmer role, there was a 30-question SAS assessment that needed to be completed with a fairly wide range of material present. Nothing out of the ordinary for anyone certified in using SAS.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical interview questions, mostly relating to past work experience (particularly related to SAS knowledge/familiarity).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the HR rep. He was pleasant. We had a back and forth about a potential salary. A few days later, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived, I was asked to take a rather simple test. Once that was complete, I met with 5 different project teams over the course of several hours. This was a rather grueling process. Each team would describe their project and then ask me the same generic interview questions on loop. I could not even remember the first few projects by the end. My mind was basically on a repeating loop at that point. Be prepared for a long interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions; what do you see yourself doing, describe prior experiences, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two projects. Brief q&a session about experience and background. Interviewers want to know--basically--if you can read and click a mouse. For this particular position, not much else matters. If you sound reasonably smart and don't fall asleep you'll probably be fine, if you've gotten this far. If hired, the project that needs you most will pick you. This has nothing to do with your resume or your skills, they are simply trying to fill much jobs because turnover is so high.

Interview Questions

• Will you work here for more than one year?   1 Answer

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD).

Interview

The arrangement was good. One of people in HR and the staff at the front desk were not very friendly. The HR person did not want to answer questions related to relocation.

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMMES Corporation (Rockville, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a three part interview and I was interviewed to 3 groups. I was not a very simple interview and i was required to complete a writing sample and a test on clinical research.