ENGIE Insight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ENGIE Insight

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight.

Interview

Panel interview with about 4 people. They shared asking questions. I had to give a brief presentation. Everyone was nice, gave you time to think. About 20 or so questions, with various difficulty.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight.

Interview

Pretty nice, just talked about school works. Also, they want to hire people who have done lots of group projects. So, be prepared for them. And show how much you like the Company this shows your passion about them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call followed by a coding challenge. If you do well they will schedule a skype technical interview. During interview, you need to discuss different project and other technical experiences. Be prepared for system design question (similar to white board questions). After that they call you onsite and do the same thing for a whole day. And finally offer!

Interview Questions

• Give a huge dataset of different building and its electric meter reading. Design a schema and write some SQL query.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Generic phone interview to verify resume, followed up with 3.5 hour in-person interview. Met with four different team members. Two one-on-one and one two-on-one. Proffesional but friendly atmosphere

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of about four people, each of them asking a few questions at a time. They asked the standard questions of strengths and weaknesses, and asked about my computer and communication skills. I gave them several examples of how I handled difficult clients and problems I have overcome in my current position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you came across a stumbling block in your work; how did you solve it, and how did you communicate the results?   Answer Question
    • if multiple people came to you at the same time with multiple requests, what steps would you take prioritize the requests?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight (Spokane, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was a bit strange.

I was interviewed by two people at the same time and they seemed to be more interested in their chummy little comedy show than finding out whether or not I was a good fit for the job. I should have known right there that cliques rule the day and competence had nothing to do with your success at the company.

I went home thinking I probably didn't get the job and being mostly fine with it as I felt so uneasy about the interview. I was surprised to get an offer and accepted despite my misgivings.

I should have listened to my gut. Cue 4 years of...uh...the opposite of Heaven.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a problem nobody else had been able to solve.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight in May 2018.

Interview

Absolutely the worst experience ever. I showed up to scheduled interview and NO ONE KNEW I was supposed to be there. Stood around in lobby fr 5 min before someone came to foyer that they were rude. So clueless and rude. HR literally sent me 15 emails to confirm and when I fianlly did meet with manager they couldn't explain role. Ended up with video interviews (even though managers were in same city?!) and was told I didn't know industry even though I have had their customers as mine for 15 years!

Interview Questions

ENGIE Insight Response

Oct 17, 2018 – Senior TA Partner

Hello!
    Thank you for your review. We appreciate a chance to improve and will escalate your feedback to senior leadership.
    Feel free to email additional details to tatiana.galina@engie.com... More

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight (Spokane, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume via their recruiting website, a recruiter called to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight-forward and the recruiter was friendly and encouraging. An in-person interview with the manager of the team, one of the other people who was in the same role, and a related department manager was scheduled only a few days after the call. Apparently they were really eager to get someone into the role. The interview was a little awkward but the questions they asked were pretty easy. Everyone had a sheet of questions prepared but it was obvious that they were not in the practice of interviewing. The next day an interview was scheduled with the tax supervisor. She was obviously more experienced and asked tougher questions. I received a call that afternoon offering me the job. I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage working with multiple accounting software systems from different companies?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight.

Interview

Interviewer beware. I was called by the hiring manager and she stated I had some gaps with my experience. I was not expecting a call back and was good with that. About a month and a half later they called me back and told me they wanted to come in for some face to face interviews. I was a bit surprised and told the recruiter that I didn't feel like I could jump into the role, but they insisted. When I arrived, the receptionist was very unfriendly. One of the interviewers was respectful, but the hiring manager was condescending, arrogant, and unprofessional. After rudely being told I was unqualified, I asked why I was brought in if the decision was so clear. I didn't get an answer other than I failed to answer one of her basic questions. I usually do not write reviews like this but felt it was important to share this. I have interviewed many places, with "no thank yous", but this one was by far my worst experience. I had heard negative things about working for Ecova and this confirmed it for me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight (Spokane, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school and went through a phone screen first. Basic interview questions were asked such as course work and experience. Was moved on to the in-person interview which included two members of the department the internship was for. In that interview, I was mainly asked to describe projects I had worked on and asked about work experience and more standard interview questions.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ENGIE Insight (Spokane, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was an interview panel with five people; the manager and senior analysts. They took turns asking questions and writing down my answers. The questions ranged from "How would you rate your Excel skills" to "If you had multiple priorities to juggle, how would you determine what to prioritize." Although panel interviews are nerve-wracking, everyone seemed friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question