ENGIE North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ENGIE North America

1. Featured Interview

Project Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Oakland, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was initially through the HR and then the second onsite interview was a panel interview with 6 lead Project managers, regional director, and director of projects. They asked questions one by one and you would answer to all who were present. it took about 5 months to get me on board with the paperwork as I was moving from Canada.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about your experience in engineering?
      - Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a team member
      -Tell us about a time you used innovation to create results   1 Answer

Head of Talent Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

It was quick, very professional and very well managed, they have the panel - behavioral base interview format, which simplifies the process. They covered every important aspect from past, current experience to career aspirations. I had the opportunity to interview with different levels of leadership to gain perspective about the challenge, work environment, ethics and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other candidates?, What your resume does not say that could be of great value to us?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Application, took 2 1/2 months to have 2 interviews. 2nd interview was with VP/CIO, she was 15 min. late coming to get me from lobby. 10 min into interview she took a phone call that lasted 20 min. After another 10 min said she had to go to a meeting. Completely Unprofessional.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Kind and thoughtful. Explained the company profile and purpose. Not an easy interview but I felt comfortable and respected. The technical team was very capable and experienced. My overall feeling was that this was a mature organization.

Power Analyst Interview

Interview

long process

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied to the position from their career website. I was called within a week and asked to interview as soon as possible.

I had 3 one on one interviews: HR, credit manager, vice president of the department. It lasted about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Considering the current hiring environment I was just glad to have a job.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first. very frinedly and infornative. Then interviewed with the hiring manager and variouls others I would be working with. HR focused more on my background, experience, and job history and describing the company. Hiring manager more focused on my experience and what I bring to the table. Did a good job explaining the posttion to me and what I would be doing. All that I interviewed with were very friendly and professional.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America in August 2010.

Interview

Initially, positive responses from the company and invitation for interview after phone screen. HR person was pleasant, but no specific job description. Met hiring manager who argued just outside the room with the HR person about the job title/description for me. Obviously, I was overqualified.

Hiring manager said very little, but wanted to hire me because all other candidates were far less qualified. Met other co-workers who were nice, but somewhat patronizing and irritating. Then met the department manager who was very friendly and knowledgeable, and persuaded me to accept the job, though I realized the work culture was lacking any degree of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do your own Fedex?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Any attempt to negotiate was rebuffed, all attempts to compromise were answered "No". There was no negotiation with this company.