ENGIE North America Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ENGIE North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (San Diego, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied online in February 2021 and was contacted by one of their Houston recruiters in March. She scheduled me for a zoom interview with a senior project manager at the end of the month. We talked for approximately an hour and it seemed to have gone well, but I didn't hear anything back for 3 weeks. I decided to reach back out to the recruiter via email and see how things were going. The recruiter offered no apology or explanation for her lack of contact but said she could schedule me for a technical assessment the following Monday (this was a Friday afternoon). I agreed, but tried to ask what the subject matter would be in order to prepare. I received no response from her, only a calendar invite for 10AM PST the following Monday. The recruiter ended up emailing me the assessment at 730 AM that Monday morning (3 hours early) with the Vice President of the division CC'd on the email. I rolled with it and completed the assessment and emailed it back to them that evening. However, I have not heard anything back since, despite my repeated attempts to reach back out to the recruiter. I'm not sure if I'm a terrible candidate or Engie is extremely disorganized, but I was not in any way impressed with their communication skills or interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What's your experience with renewable energy? What interests you about Engie? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Answer Question

ENGIE North America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENGIE North America in Jan 2021

Interview

It was a good interview. Unfortunately, there were technical difficulties due to the zoom but the interviewer was very nice and made the situation comfortable. I am hoping to get another interview soon for a different position. Engie seems like a good place to work from what I have heard from other employees.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in Jun 2019

Interview

It was quick, very professional and very well managed, they have the panel - behavioral base interview format, which simplifies the process. They covered every important aspect from past, current experience to career aspirations. I had the opportunity to interview with different levels of leadership to gain perspective about the challenge, work environment, ethics and expectations.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you different from other candidates?, What your resume does not say that could be of great value to us?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Oakland, CA) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview was initially through the HR and then the second onsite interview was a panel interview with 6 lead Project managers, regional director, and director of projects. They asked questions one by one and you would answer to all who were present. it took about 5 months to get me on board with the paperwork as I was moving from Canada.

Interview Questions
  • -Tell us about your experience in engineering? - Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a team member -Tell us about a time you used innovation to create results

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in Nov 2018

Interview

Application, took 2 1/2 months to have 2 interviews. 2nd interview was with VP/CIO, she was 15 min. late coming to get me from lobby. 10 min into interview she took a phone call that lasted 20 min. After another 10 min said she had to go to a meeting. Completely Unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in Dec 2013

Interview

Kind and thoughtful. Explained the company profile and purpose. Not an easy interview but I felt comfortable and respected. The technical team was very capable and experienced. My overall feeling was that this was a mature organization.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ENGIE North America

Application

I interviewed at ENGIE North America

Interview

long process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in May 2012

Interview

I applied to the position from their career website. I was called within a week and asked to interview as soon as possible. I had 3 one on one interviews: HR, credit manager, vice president of the department. It lasted about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America (Houston, TX) in Oct 2010

Interview

Interviewed with HR first. very frinedly and infornative. Then interviewed with the hiring manager and variouls others I would be working with. HR focused more on my background, experience, and job history and describing the company. Hiring manager more focused on my experience and what I bring to the table. Did a good job explaining the posttion to me and what I would be doing. All that I interviewed with were very friendly and professional.

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ENGIE North America in Aug 2010

Interview

Initially, positive responses from the company and invitation for interview after phone screen. HR person was pleasant, but no specific job description. Met hiring manager who argued just outside the room with the HR person about the job title/description for me. Obviously, I was overqualified. Hiring manager said very little, but wanted to hire me because all other candidates were far less qualified. Met other co-workers who were nice, but somewhat patronizing and irritating. Then met the department manager who was very friendly and knowledgeable, and persuaded me to accept the job, though I realized the work culture was lacking any degree of professionalism.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to do your own Fedex?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews