ENMAX Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

HSE Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Extremely poor interview process. They were 20 mins. late for the interview and in addition cut the interview short. They managed the time extremely poorly as I saw the previous candidate leave right before my interview. I know for sure if as a candidate I was late, I would not even be considered for an interview. Respect for individual's time goes both ways! Extremely poor interviewing technique by the hiring manager due to his poor communication style. The hiring manager came across as arrogant and I probably would not have accepted the offer to go work for someone with his personality type. It seems that they already had a preferred candidate for this role and wasted my time and effort.

Interview Questions

• No questions relevant to the roles were asked.   1 Answer

EIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Three stage interview
    -HR Phone Interview, this was more to go over my resume from the HR recruitor.
    -Technical Panel Phone Interview with Manager, HR Manager, and Engineer. This was to ensure that my technical experiences in my resume lined up with what I had written in my resume. Your confidence on the phone about your resume will tell the audience whether you're lying or not.
    -In Person interview with 19 other candidates, full day, with managers, directors, executives. Visiting various departments. This was fun. Got to stay overnight in Calgary in a nice hotel. All dinners and lunches on Enmax. The best interview I have ever had so far. They make you present your ideas individually and in group settings to see how outgoing/person friendly you are.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by a head hunter who asked me a number of background questions. After than I had a couple of phone screen interviews with an ENMAX recruiter. This was followed by three in person interviews with recruiters, the hiring manager, the VP of the area and other internal clients

Team Lead In IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Met onsite. Signed in at the front desk and waited for the HR person to take me to the interview room. Met with her and the hiring manager.
    1 hour based upon the job description. A few competency based questions. Asked why I left the previous role, why I wanted to work for them, etc. Nothing overwhelming or of a gotchya nature.

Interview Questions

• My experience in similar roles.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview including the telephone interview. The last two rounds were both face to face interview. The second round was more quantitative skill driven while the last round seemed more like a fit interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem with little information   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a large data set, and also how you gathered your information   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

A phone interview and then a group style in person interview. The in person interview was conducted by two managers who I would not actually be working with.

It was a little awkward knowing who to address, so I tried to look at the one that asked each particular question.

Interview Questions

• They asked my what would be a "deal breaker" for me.

They also asked me how I deal with criticism.

They asked why they should hire me and how I would benefit the team.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

The jobs at Enmax are unionized, meaning that your position in the pay-scale and so-forth are not up for debate. You get what they give you, based on the collective agreement, and there is no negotiation all.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with headhunter and then a face to face interview with the two members of the company. It lasted roughly an hour. There were standard interview questions and then specific questions that were pertinent to the job.

Interview Questions

• How I handled change management?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted to arrange a phone screening interview with HR recruiting rep. They then contacted me to arrange an in-person interview with HR and the hiring manager. After three weeks I followed up to check on status, to be informed that they "would not be moving forward", and that they thought they had sent an email. Well they hadn't, and it definitely leaves a bad taste for taking the time to meet with them and to be left hanging.

Business Analyst Trainee (BAT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews - one basic screening interview lasting 15-20 mins with HR. Largely behavioural questions and some details on salary etc.
    Second interview with HR as well as department heads lasting 40-60 mins on phone. More detailed questions about strengths, achievements and situational questions like "tell me about a time when.."
    Third interview was a group, in-person interview where all prospective candidates were present. It was a full-day interview so there was a facilities tour, lunch, team activities and a panel interview with about 9-10 department heads.

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENMAX Corporation.

Interview

First a brief phone call interview with a couple general questions. The following week there was another phone interview - it was an hour long with several people from multiple business functions, then there was a day long interview with multiple sessions, meet and greet, and lunch

Interview Questions

• Why Enmax? What experience do you have that would help you in a role with Enmax?   Answer Question