ENVIRON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Associate, Environmental Engineering Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ENVIRON (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted 2 days later for a phone interview. After the phone interview, did not hear back from them for well over a month, despite them saying I would hear back the following week. Emails to HR went unanswered. Was eventually invited for an in-person interview. By far the worst interview experience of my life. Immediately felt uneasy by the fakeness and pretentiousness of all 8 of the people I interviewed with. Felt I was being judged for having 2 degrees from public universities. Literally no diversity in the office aside from 2 Asian people. Everyone seemed to have degrees from pretentious private schools. Very happily accepted an offer from another company 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• In one word, what is the most important aspect of organic chemistry to environmental engineers?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENVIRON.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening interview with HR. This took about 15 minutes and was mostly to get a feel for what I was looking for and see if it matched with their needs. I then had a phone interview with three managers, focusing more on my technical background. I was then invited in for an in person interview. I met with about ten people over about four hours, no breaks. I received very positive feedback and was told I would hear back within a week. I did not receive a reply to my followup call and received no further communication.

Associate IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENVIRON in July 2015.

Interview

Applied cold, got an email scheduling a phone interview a couple weeks later. Had the phone interview, then an interview in Newark. Then had a second interview in Princeton. Got the job offer about a month after my initial phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past, why do you want to work here, what do to hope to do here. Standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Due Diligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ENVIRON (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I met with 5 people in total. The HR rep was very welcoming, and they had a nice itinerary set up. I met with a project manager, 2 low-level associates, and one higher-level associate. Everyone was nice and seemed most interested in learning about my background and telling me about the company and the position. I can't remember being asked any weird or trick questions. They were very upfront about high expectations and the downsides of the job.

Interview Questions

• Both of the higher-level individuals went over my resume in detail and asked me to explain what was on it, particularly about research experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ENVIRON.

Interview

I was called by the manager after applying online. I received a phone interview after three weeks passed since I had applied. During the phone interview, he told me a little about the company, the position, and the basics of the industry. I was warned it was a very technical job and not meant for everyone, however, I was up for the challenge and wanted to learn. I was called back for an in-person interview that week. I was interviewed by three people simultaneously. The interview took about an hour. I received a call for an offer three days later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am I using Microsoft Office and what I would rate my proficiency?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ENVIRON.

Interview

I hand in my resume during a career fair at my University. Two weeks later a recruiter called me and arranged a phone interview in the following week. My coursework, work experience and excel skills were asked during the interview, and he explained the internship position and the company culture. Then I was invited to the office interview, where I was interviewed by 4 people from consultants to managers and to the office lead. It was laid back, chill conversation about my interest and understanding of the company. They also explained the company's culture and practice and asked me to ask questions.

Associate V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

Interview

Getting-to-know-you questions only, which gave me the opportunity to ask a lot of questions about the company structure and what my job would entail. I had five interviewers, and they interviewed me one at a time. Everyone was very friendly. The interview process really varies a lot from office to office and even from group to group.

Associate Interview

Interview

On site directly after be referred to this company

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENVIRON (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was through a conference call. The overall experience is quite relaxing. Two senior engineers interviewed me. They first introduced themselves and then asked me to introduce myself. Then they talked about the position they are gonna offer and asked me whether that is what I wanted to work. Then they almost asked me every question on my resume. and at the very end, they asked many behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be an consultant, not an engineer?
      What's my strength and weakness?
      Any questions I want to ask from them?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ENVIRON (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview process. The Human Resources team was extremely nice and friendly and handled my interview schedule and paperwork efficiently.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions. My interview was more conversational and laid-back than formal interview.   Answer Question