EPAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Interview process was alright. First a general 30 minute phone screen to discuss your background and your skills; after that if all is good they will schedule a 1 or 1.5 hour technical screen which can be done over webcam. So I got through the first two rounds, with positive feedback. But then after the HR recruiter tells me that the clients had suddenly changed the position and they were no longer recruiting for this particular role. With my hopes up for the role it didn't feel good. So that was that. A month later, I see a similar role being posted on job sites from EPAM in the same geographic location. Honestly, they shouldn't waste candidates time if they are eventually going to change the roles. Either they weren't being upfront about my interview results or they just need to get their act straight.

Interview Questions

• Core Development Skills, Spring MVC, data structures, implementations of list and set, difference between arraylist vs. linkedlist, Continuous Integration vs. Continuous Delivery, Immutable Classes, Garbage collection specifics, metaspace, permgen, Synchronization, Volatile, Thread Safe Singleton, Dependency Injection, Naming design patterns you know, Definition of Code Quality. Last part of the technical interview was a easy-medium difficulty live coding challenge.   Answer Question

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard, 1.5 hours, we had some difficulty getting video connection first, wasted 20 minutes on that. And we finally connected via audio only. Standard tech background, coding knowledge, test knowledge questions and then coding test.

Interview Questions

• he first asked about generic technical background questions. And then generic coding standard, code review, testing suites questions. Last 30 minutes is the coding test.   1 Answer
    • Coding test: 1. Given a string, find out if there's repeat characters in it.
      2. SQL. Given a Customer table and a Payment table (with Customer ID as primary and foreign key), write a query to output a list of customers who have not paid their bills in the last 3 months.
      1 Answer

Talend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process took almost a month and One round of Skype interview with people from Belarus, another round from Hungary. Final client interview got cancelled due to change in directions from the client. Honestly They should not waste peoples time ,if they don't have intention to hire. Recruiter said he got very good feedback but in the end this is some kind of Fluke that has happened.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was straight forward. Met with various people on the team giving them expertise and understanding what they are requiring. Met with both VP's and other related individuals.

Interview Questions

• They asked about technical skills specific questions to backend development and how large the projects I managed in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM in February 2017.

Interview

Horribble...People from Belarus taking interviews for USA candidate..why?no technical people or trust on USA employees? Recruiters are also not aware of co-ordintation..2-4 interviews stretched along almost 2 month timeperiod with no result.1st interview was screening with recruiter then another recruiter after 3-4 days talk about same thing..then 1 week after technical interview scheduled with belarus interviewer..cancelled last minute due to interviewer availabilty...rescheduled interview with same interviewer after 15 days..same scene..last minute cancellation due to interviewer emergency..what the hell...testing my patience..finally techinical interview happened..moderate interview and Guy from Belarus was cool..I cleared interview..next round of interview with project manager..took another 15 days..this guy seem not too much intersted in talking..after a week Got call from recruiter that they are going with another candidate..and proposing me for another role & different location..but no response ever since..

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EPAM (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Multiple phone calls: a screener with the recruiter, two with the hiring manager, a couple with the execs, and a couple with peers followed by three face to face meetings with the hiring manager, the team, and execs. Two face to faces were local, the third required travel to headquarters, for which I'm still awaiting initially agreed upon reimbursement six months later. Transpired over a period of many months.

Interview Questions

• Describe the type of roles you typically fill on client engagements.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Usually interview on EPAM consists of few stages. EPAM is consulting firm and we mostly hire people to work on other large companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. First interview is usually with recruiting and not very useful. Second interview is technical screening interview. Usually performed by some Lead person. Interview is not very complicated. We have only 60-90 minutes, so we could not go really deep. Instead we are trying to cover wide area to understand approximate level of the interviewee. In some cases second interview may be requested. Mostly that happens when interviewee mentioned some specific tools/technologies.

Interview Questions

• You have a sniffer on wired connection between laptop and router. You turning on laptop, opening browser, entering www.google.com in address field and pressing enter. What you will see on the sniffer?   Answer Question
    • SSL. How it works. SSL certificates.   Answer Question
    • HTTP/HTTPS. Types of requests, PRG, URL redirection, HTTP referrer.   Answer Question
    • Imaginary situation. "You got a call from your customer. He can't connect to the DB. How will you investigate this issue?"   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes some string as an input and reverse it. (e.g. 'How are you?" -> "you? are How"). Any language.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed more on architecture related things. It went well but not sure what interviewer felt and i was not through in that. Not sure if they are conducting interviews just like that. Didn't feel in right way in their decisions.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM in July 2016.

Interview

HR called me and asked me all behavioral questions. Prepare for all regular questions. Then she schedule technical interview. I was giving interview for their NJ location, but technical interviewer from west coast. He went to too much details about java. If i don't know answer, he would help me little. It was nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question
      Design class for workshop which has motorboat, sale boat and motorbike
      Final, finally, finalize.
      When finally doesn't execute?
      Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR specialist, you need to tell something about your projects and aspirations. Then technical interview with Software Engineer through web application. Second interview was about data structures, multithreading and little bit of coding. Some theoretical questions popped up during both interviews. Both interviewers was very nice and positive.

Interview Questions

• What are Exceptions in Java.   1 Answer