EPAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.9

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Interview process was alright. First a general 30 minute phone screen to discuss your background and your skills; after that if all is good they will schedule a 1 or 1.5 hour technical screen which can be done over webcam. So I got through the first two rounds, with positive feedback. But then after the HR recruiter tells me that the clients had suddenly changed the position and they were no longer recruiting for this particular role. With my hopes up for the role it didn't feel good. So that was that. A month later, I see a similar role being posted on job sites from EPAM in the same geographic location. Honestly, they shouldn't waste candidates time if they are eventually going to change the roles. Either they weren't being upfront about my interview results or they just need to get their act straight.

Interview Questions

• Core Development Skills, Spring MVC, data structures, implementations of list and set, difference between arraylist vs. linkedlist, Continuous Integration vs. Continuous Delivery, Immutable Classes, Garbage collection specifics, metaspace, permgen, Synchronization, Volatile, Thread Safe Singleton, Dependency Injection, Naming design patterns you know, Definition of Code Quality. Last part of the technical interview was a easy-medium difficulty live coding challenge.   Answer Question

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard, 1.5 hours, we had some difficulty getting video connection first, wasted 20 minutes on that. And we finally connected via audio only. Standard tech background, coding knowledge, test knowledge questions and then coding test.

Interview Questions

• he first asked about generic technical background questions. And then generic coding standard, code review, testing suites questions. Last 30 minutes is the coding test.   1 Answer
    • Coding test: 1. Given a string, find out if there's repeat characters in it.
      2. SQL. Given a Customer table and a Payment table (with Customer ID as primary and foreign key), write a query to output a list of customers who have not paid their bills in the last 3 months.   1 Answer

Talend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process took almost a month and One round of Skype interview with people from Belarus, another round from Hungary. Final client interview got cancelled due to change in directions from the client. Honestly They should not waste peoples time ,if they don't have intention to hire. Recruiter said he got very good feedback but in the end this is some kind of Fluke that has happened.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was straight forward. Met with various people on the team giving them expertise and understanding what they are requiring. Met with both VP's and other related individuals.

Interview Questions

• They asked about technical skills specific questions to backend development and how large the projects I managed in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM in February 2017.

Interview

Horribble...People from Belarus taking interviews for USA candidate..why?no technical people or trust on USA employees? Recruiters are also not aware of co-ordintation..2-4 interviews stretched along almost 2 month timeperiod with no result.1st interview was screening with recruiter then another recruiter after 3-4 days talk about same thing..then 1 week after technical interview scheduled with belarus interviewer..cancelled last minute due to interviewer availabilty...rescheduled interview with same interviewer after 15 days..same scene..last minute cancellation due to interviewer emergency..what the hell...testing my patience..finally techinical interview happened..moderate interview and Guy from Belarus was cool..I cleared interview..next round of interview with project manager..took another 15 days..this guy seem not too much intersted in talking..after a week Got call from recruiter that they are going with another candidate..and proposing me for another role & different location..but no response ever since..

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed more on architecture related things. It went well but not sure what interviewer felt and i was not through in that. Not sure if they are conducting interviews just like that. Didn't feel in right way in their decisions.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM in July 2016.

Interview

HR called me and asked me all behavioral questions. Prepare for all regular questions. Then she schedule technical interview. I was giving interview for their NJ location, but technical interviewer from west coast. He went to too much details about java. If i don't know answer, he would help me little. It was nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question
      Design class for workshop which has motorboat, sale boat and motorbike
      Final, finally, finalize.
      When finally doesn't execute?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR specialist, you need to tell something about your projects and aspirations. Then technical interview with Software Engineer through web application. Second interview was about data structures, multithreading and little bit of coding. Some theoretical questions popped up during both interviews. Both interviewers was very nice and positive.

Interview Questions

• What are Exceptions in Java.   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. After an interview with the HR, I had a phone screen technical interview. There were two interviewers but only one of them was asking questions. First I answered quiz like questions then they gave me a problem to solve. I was free to select a programming language.

Sen Acct Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPAM in August 2015.

Interview

Very proffessional. Thorough review of my resume, skills and experience. This was a first phone interview and was well thought out on their part. They covered a lot of ground in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to the position?   1 Answer