EPAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EPAM (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Multiple phone calls: a screener with the recruiter, two with the hiring manager, a couple with the execs, and a couple with peers followed by three face to face meetings with the hiring manager, the team, and execs. Two face to faces were local, the third required travel to headquarters, for which I'm still awaiting initially agreed upon reimbursement six months later. Transpired over a period of many months.

Interview Questions

• Describe the type of roles you typically fill on client engagements.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Usually interview on EPAM consists of few stages. EPAM is consulting firm and we mostly hire people to work on other large companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. First interview is usually with recruiting and not very useful. Second interview is technical screening interview. Usually performed by some Lead person. Interview is not very complicated. We have only 60-90 minutes, so we could not go really deep. Instead we are trying to cover wide area to understand approximate level of the interviewee. In some cases second interview may be requested. Mostly that happens when interviewee mentioned some specific tools/technologies.

Interview Questions

• You have a sniffer on wired connection between laptop and router. You turning on laptop, opening browser, entering www.google.com in address field and pressing enter. What you will see on the sniffer?   Answer Question
    • SSL. How it works. SSL certificates.   Answer Question
    • HTTP/HTTPS. Types of requests, PRG, URL redirection, HTTP referrer.   Answer Question
    • Imaginary situation. "You got a call from your customer. He can't connect to the DB. How will you investigate this issue?"   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes some string as an input and reverse it. (e.g. 'How are you?" -> "you? are How"). Any language.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed more on architecture related things. It went well but not sure what interviewer felt and i was not through in that. Not sure if they are conducting interviews just like that. Didn't feel in right way in their decisions.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM in July 2016.

Interview

HR called me and asked me all behavioral questions. Prepare for all regular questions. Then she schedule technical interview. I was giving interview for their NJ location, but technical interviewer from west coast. He went to too much details about java. If i don't know answer, he would help me little. It was nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question
      Design class for workshop which has motorboat, sale boat and motorbike
      Final, finally, finalize.
      When finally doesn't execute?
      Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR specialist, you need to tell something about your projects and aspirations. Then technical interview with Software Engineer through web application. Second interview was about data structures, multithreading and little bit of coding. Some theoretical questions popped up during both interviews. Both interviewers was very nice and positive.

Interview Questions

• What are Exceptions in Java.   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. After an interview with the HR, I had a phone screen technical interview. There were two interviewers but only one of them was asking questions. First I answered quiz like questions then they gave me a problem to solve. I was free to select a programming language.

Sen Acct Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPAM in August 2015.

Interview

Very proffessional. Thorough review of my resume, skills and experience. This was a first phone interview and was well thought out on their part. They covered a lot of ground in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to the position?   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EPAM in April 2015.

Interview

Company's in-house recruiter contacted me on the phone and set up face-to-face interview in a week. I was local. In the interview I met with 2 design leads and 1 director. Did introduction on some of my work samples in my portfolio. Did a usability testing on-the-go exercise on one of their client's e-commerce website. I assume this was not a premeditated question. So I don't know if they will ask the same question again. It depended on whom you are meeting with. If it's an Interaction Designer the exercise could be on designing.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any mobile design experience?" (probably because they didn't see any work samples in my portfolio)   1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EPAM (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process is pretty good and professional. During interview employer provided a lot of information regarding project itself and answered all my questions. From their side technical questions were not to hard.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy to moderate interview questions on EPAM side, like basic coding questions, English level and basic theory about testing. Customers interview difficulty varies. For customer like Google it usually involves typical googly interview, with moderate to difficult coding and/or algorithms questions, but difficulty and expectations are significantly scaled down for contractors. Plus there's only one 1-hour customer interview for contractors, not 4 or 5 like for googlers.