EPAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

211 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Was smooth and professional and the recruiter was updating me with the status of each stage in the interview process. I had three interviews with different people that been held through video skype. In general it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions about BA duties and how would I handle certain situations   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of Sr. Management interviews
    2 in-person
    2 over the phone
    Primary agenda of all the interactions is focused on ability to presentation, communication and relationship building skills
    In addition, in-person interactions was focused on ability to define unique viewpoints around past experience with eastern European clients/employers

Interview Questions

• Past experience with managing large accounts, especially P&L management and customer relationship building   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Conshohocken, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview with HR, then with UX specialist.

HR was a very positive person, had a conversation for 1 hour with him. UX specialist had zero empathy, cold and unfriendly person, who didn't ask a single question about UX design, but asked everything about team working. As far as I run my own design agency for 7 years, make great creative projects and never worked much under somebody's mentorship, I completely failed the interview. Sure, I found the interviewer later in Google. He has 5 beginners-level projects and plenty of business reposts. Versus my portfolio of 120+ works with some awards.

I wonder, who do they look for? Average designers with the ability to work with 10 other people like them? Definitely not for fresh ideas. Just business.

Interview Questions

• Why did you put this button here?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I was scheduled interview call 3 times, I was expecting their call. I cancelled all my meeting for the call. But they never called me. When i wrote back them the mail., they said me that, they tried reaching me and i was not answering the call. For the second time i gave them the option of skype call., which they did not prefer it. Third time when i dropped them the mail they mentioned that role was closed.
    At the first place, they never called me.,
    I request the recruiter not to play with the human emotions.
    Worst interview process co-ordination.

Oracle Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poland, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM (Poland, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

HR interview then technical interview then Manager Interview then at the end customer interview
    then they send an offer
    they told i will be at senior level if i am passed the interview well

Linux Engineer/Nagios Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very formal and polite both of recruiter and technical interviewer. Recruiter will send you an email to get your available time for phone interview first. Technical interviewer will use EPAM Interview Platform for interviewing. You will be asked to type script immediately.

Interview Questions

• There is a file content with IPs, use a script to help you ping those IP.   Answer Question
    • What happened when you use SSH to log into an other device?   Answer Question
    • What happened when you boot up a system until login prompt out?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Interview process was alright. First a general 30 minute phone screen to discuss your background and your skills; after that if all is good they will schedule a 1 or 1.5 hour technical screen which can be done over webcam. So I got through the first two rounds, with positive feedback. But then after the HR recruiter tells me that the clients had suddenly changed the position and they were no longer recruiting for this particular role. With my hopes up for the role it didn't feel good. So that was that. A month later, I see a similar role being posted on job sites from EPAM in the same geographic location. Honestly, they shouldn't waste candidates time if they are eventually going to change the roles. Either they weren't being upfront about my interview results or they just need to get their act straight.

Interview Questions

• Core Development Skills, Spring MVC, data structures, implementations of list and set, difference between arraylist vs. linkedlist, Continuous Integration vs. Continuous Delivery, Immutable Classes, Garbage collection specifics, metaspace, permgen, Synchronization, Volatile, Thread Safe Singleton, Dependency Injection, Naming design patterns you know, Definition of Code Quality. Last part of the technical interview was a easy-medium difficulty live coding challenge.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward and efficient process. Two interviews total, first phone screening, and second is a panel video conference for 2 hours. I ended up being offered a better position after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Generic knowledge questions about schemas, tables, and data warehouse design   Answer Question

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard, 1.5 hours, we had some difficulty getting video connection first, wasted 20 minutes on that. And we finally connected via audio only. Standard tech background, coding knowledge, test knowledge questions and then coding test.

Interview Questions

• he first asked about generic technical background questions. And then generic coding standard, code review, testing suites questions. Last 30 minutes is the coding test.   1 Answer
    • Coding test: 1. Given a string, find out if there's repeat characters in it.
      2. SQL. Given a Customer table and a Payment table (with Customer ID as primary and foreign key), write a query to output a list of customers who have not paid their bills in the last 3 months.   1 Answer

Talend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process took almost a month and One round of Skype interview with people from Belarus, another round from Hungary. Final client interview got cancelled due to change in directions from the client. Honestly They should not waste peoples time ,if they don't have intention to hire. Recruiter said he got very good feedback but in the end this is some kind of Fluke that has happened.