EPAM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2018

Talend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process took almost a month and One round of Skype interview with people from Belarus, another round from Hungary. Final client interview got cancelled due to change in directions from the client. Honestly They should not waste peoples time ,if they don't have intention to hire. Recruiter said he got very good feedback but in the end this is some kind of Fluke that has happened.

ETL Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One HR and one technical. Interviewers were from Belarus. Technical interview was more than 1.5 hours long and pretty easy interview. Asked simple queries involving OLAP functions , questions around SDLC , UML diagrams and questions around my resume. ETL design methodologies , data warehouse concepts. Few days after the interview I got an email from the HR that I have qualified and they want to move forward with the next steps and made me sign the NDA . But the next interview never happened. I kept following up with them for two months but never got a reply. I texted the recruiter via Linkedin as well (thats how she had reached me ) demanding an answer and their decision , I never got any reply. Now I feel happy that I didn't join them because if HRs act like this before joining the organization , then I wonder how will they behave after you join them. I still don't understand who gave them the authority to waste my time. If they can give any justification then I can make peace with them.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was straight forward. Met with various people on the team giving them expertise and understanding what they are requiring. Met with both VP's and other related individuals.

Interview Questions

• They asked about technical skills specific questions to backend development and how large the projects I managed in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM in February 2017.

Interview

Horribble...People from Belarus taking interviews for USA candidate..why?no technical people or trust on USA employees? Recruiters are also not aware of co-ordintation..2-4 interviews stretched along almost 2 month timeperiod with no result.1st interview was screening with recruiter then another recruiter after 3-4 days talk about same thing..then 1 week after technical interview scheduled with belarus interviewer..cancelled last minute due to interviewer availabilty...rescheduled interview with same interviewer after 15 days..same scene..last minute cancellation due to interviewer emergency..what the hell...testing my patience..finally techinical interview happened..moderate interview and Guy from Belarus was cool..I cleared interview..next round of interview with project manager..took another 15 days..this guy seem not too much intersted in talking..after a week Got call from recruiter that they are going with another candidate..and proposing me for another role & different location..but no response ever since..

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

3 interviewers, long drawn out process. Interview process was done several times, interviewers were inconsistent in questions and style - not a very pleasant process. The job description was not as clear in outlining what the role and responsibilities would be.

Interview Questions

• 50 questions, all over the map and by several people. Done online - not very well organized. Wasn't sure how it went in the end - didn't always understand the questions and what they were getting at.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM (Poland, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

They just ask what they need to ask, I think I answer all of them correctly. Recruiter was wonderful, she is interest all kind of questions and told the expectations well

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EPAM (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Multiple phone calls: a screener with the recruiter, two with the hiring manager, a couple with the execs, and a couple with peers followed by three face to face meetings with the hiring manager, the team, and execs. Two face to faces were local, the third required travel to headquarters, for which I'm still awaiting initially agreed upon reimbursement six months later. Transpired over a period of many months.

Interview Questions

• Describe the type of roles you typically fill on client engagements.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Usually interview on EPAM consists of few stages. EPAM is consulting firm and we mostly hire people to work on other large companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. First interview is usually with recruiting and not very useful. Second interview is technical screening interview. Usually performed by some Lead person. Interview is not very complicated. We have only 60-90 minutes, so we could not go really deep. Instead we are trying to cover wide area to understand approximate level of the interviewee. In some cases second interview may be requested. Mostly that happens when interviewee mentioned some specific tools/technologies.

Interview Questions

• You have a sniffer on wired connection between laptop and router. You turning on laptop, opening browser, entering www.google.com in address field and pressing enter. What you will see on the sniffer?   Answer Question
    • SSL. How it works. SSL certificates.   Answer Question
    • HTTP/HTTPS. Types of requests, PRG, URL redirection, HTTP referrer.   Answer Question
    • Imaginary situation. "You got a call from your customer. He can't connect to the DB. How will you investigate this issue?"   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes some string as an input and reverse it. (e.g. 'How are you?" -> "you? are How"). Any language.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed more on architecture related things. It went well but not sure what interviewer felt and i was not through in that. Not sure if they are conducting interviews just like that. Didn't feel in right way in their decisions.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM in July 2016.

Interview

HR called me and asked me all behavioral questions. Prepare for all regular questions. Then she schedule technical interview. I was giving interview for their NJ location, but technical interviewer from west coast. He went to too much details about java. If i don't know answer, he would help me little. It was nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question
      Design class for workshop which has motorboat, sale boat and motorbike
      Final, finally, finalize.