EPAM Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at EPAM

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR specialist, you need to tell something about your projects and aspirations. Then technical interview with Software Engineer through web application. Second interview was about data structures, multithreading and little bit of coding. Some theoretical questions popped up during both interviews. Both interviewers was very nice and positive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EPAM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EPAM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First there will be general Phone call with HR to get to know about your background, salary expectations, visa status, why are you looking for job chance, interview availability dates and bla bla...

Interview Questions

• Questions asked in interview are very good. We should know why exactly a concept is introduced, what are the advantages of it and why can not we do it in the old way why to use the very concept
      e.g., What is inheritence, why do we need it. Rather than using inheritence why can't I just create and pass objects of classes.
      What is Dependency injection? Why do we need it. Why can't we just create beans and inject ourselves?
      They are basically expecting us to know SOLID principles.

Given a class Student with firstname, lastname, ssn. Write a sort method which sorts the list student objects based on firstname and if firstnames are same then consider lastname for those objects and if both firstname and lastname are same then consider ssn for those as sort parameter. (using Comparator)

How do we use above class to actually sort the list(They expect you to write this in Java 8 using lambdas Method inference)

HashMap related questions (equals() and hashcode()).

Time complexity of insertion and retrieval of a value from Hashmap if hashcode() returns constant(same) value all the time.

Diff between steam() and parallelStream()? On what kind of objects we can use parallelStream()?

How can we write a generic sort method? (Testing our Generics knowledge like <T>, <? extends some Class>

How can we achieve encapsulation of certain part of super class code in subclass during inheritance ?

What do you know about Inversion of Control?

Then they ask about testing / testing frameworks? (Why mocking of data...)   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharkiv (Ukraine)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Kharkiv (Ukraine)) in June 2016.

Interview

HR manager was very positive and polite, I loved dataart from her words. The interview was great too:properly prepared, the interviewer was patient and polite. I was asked all questions I have ever heard about Java Core. The interview passed soft withot stress.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about technologies I would like to work with   1 Answer

Negotiation

I've got all information I need. I discussed my vacation.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Szeged, Szeged (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Szeged, Szeged (Hungary)) in January 2014.

Interview

3 rounds, 1 is a conversation related to the company and you, 2 is a technical, and the third is the long waited ceo. It's not hard if you are a bit skilled in JAVA programming. Be ready for theoratical questions too, as they ask.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Chandigarh (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

Firstly epam conducted online coding round and i got 80 out of 100 and was called for 2nd round.2nd round was again a live coding round and out of 300 students 30 were selected and called for group discussion(which by the way is no elimination round). Then next we were called for technical round.There were 4 different rooms with 4 different interviewers(with different experiences and mindset).i was sent to the senior most interviewer and he asked me questions from my resume(don't fake anything in resume).He asked me questions about java but he was not ready to accept my answers and was a bit rude while on the other hand other interviewers asked very basic questions(which was somewhat partial) and i was not selected after technical even though the interviewer asked me to wait for HR round but i was later informed that you are not selected.I was expecting a positive result because the students who knew nothing were selected for the next round due to variety of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1.Implement deadlock in java
      2. Features of mongo db
      3.Questions related to dynamic programming
      4.Implement Encapsulation using java Beans.   8 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Pune (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

mostly questions were asked from core java .mostly questions were asked from core java .mostly questions were asked from core java .mostly questions were asked from core java .mostly questions were asked from core java .mostly questions were asked from core java

Interview Questions

• is it possible to have a static class ?   2 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

People are gather in a large room, start asking you questions. No delays, all in time.
    Very friendly interviewers. Give you time to think. There are white board questions too.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in January 2019.

Interview

Very kind and honest recruiter, very clear about what they offer. There are 4 interviews. A general talk, technical, talk with manager and a client talk. Very nice people

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM in December 2017.

Interview

viewed offer in social media, applied in-person, interviewed by lead dev, was easy, medium task, got offer after 2 weeks, has declined due to salary, we all know that epam in europe pay low salary as others companies, so it was my mistake to apply for their position

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EPAM (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and offered to participate in an interview for Java developer. We have appointed the exact day of the interview by telephone. At the appointed time, the interviewer called. The interview took 1 hour. The interview had a variety of questions: OOP, Spring, Hibernate, SQL. I answered 95 percent of the questions correctly. The interviewer was polite and promised feedback on the results of the interview for 3 days. But I have not received feedback. When I wrote to the recruiter myself with a question about the result of the interview, I received no answer.

Interview Questions

• What methods of class Object do you now?   1 Answer
    • How can we increase a speed of SQL query?   1 Answer