EPAM Junior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Junior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at EPAM

3.3

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Szeged, Csongrád (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Szeged, Csongrád (Hungary)) in April 2015.

Interview

The company contacted me thru LinkedIn that they would like to invite for a "tour through the office".
The interview process had 3 parts:
- At first, a personal (HR) interview, they said the origins and the possibilities in the company, also the advancement and benefit process, and we talked through my CV and they checked me spontaneously for my spoken english skills.
-The second part was a very well engineered online test to measure the programming capabilities of the applicant
-The third was an interview with the chief of the "bench" and another software developers from the company, where we talked through my CV again from a more professional viewpoint, and there were a couple of questions and task on programming.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write an algorythm on a whiteboard to solve the coin change problem (use the least coins possible to pay) and i had to walk with them through my code and work out the different ways it could have been done.
    I also got UML diagrams on paper and i had to briefly tell them what the diagram was about, and there were some basic questions on databases as well.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EPAM

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPAM (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

They have a tool, where you need to do coding exercises. If you get one right, you will get a harder question, if you cannot answer, then you'll get an easy one.

Interview Questions

• You have a binary tree, find a node with some value. (coding)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Written test followed by group discussion. Then we had technical interview followed by HR interview. The technical interview is the toughest. Rest of the rounds were easy to crack. The interview was at JVP building. Be careful with the group discussion round as your communication skills are judged and this may be elimination round even if you have good technical skills. Written test coonsists of aptitude, verbal and logical reasoning. Sometimes you may get c and database related question too.

Interview Questions

• We were asked question on java, data structures and sql.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

English test: reading -> speaking -> writing email, then technical interview for about an 1.5 hours. There were questions about main principles, core, web, SQL, JDBC, etc. Good to have knowledge in Spring.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

EPAM India hires not only by campus recruitment but mostly by offcampus drives. I myself was selected by an off campus drive.
    There were 5 rounds in total.
    1. Online coding challenge- where you will have 3 java questions to solve.
    2. Onsite coding challenge- after getting selected by 1st round they will call you to pune or Bangalore and there this round will be conducted. This involves 2 or 3 coding questions and 1 part based on data structures and algorithms MCQ.
    this could be a tough round.
    3. Tehnical interview round- i had a long 1 hour technical round where i was asked from basics of java to core java utmost concepts.
    4. Group Discussion round- a normal round where they will give you a random topic and check if you speak or not. This is not generally a elimination round unless you are too lazy/shy to talk.
    5. Final HR interview round- for me this round was also quite long. And the hr asked all classic hr questions and some his alterations of those questions.

Interview Questions

• 1st round java questions-
      1. Implement a sort.
      2. Implement a custom exception.
      3. Dont remember other question but it was very easy.   Answer Question
    • 2nd round questions-
      1. MCQs on Data structures and algo. 30% are easy and rest are quite tough.
      2. Other questions based on class diagrams where you have to implement inheritance and other oops concepts to get the test cases cleared/pass.
      Generally 50% is easy and rest half is tough.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview
      1. All concepts from zero to top in core Java including
      Oops
      Differences bw java and other oo languages.
      Inheritance
      Abstract classes
      Interfaces
      Everything i mean
      Upto networking multithreading and exception.

Some data Structures problems
      And the questions you solved in previous rounds. Yes, even those which you solved in 1st round. (I was asked actually 😆)   Answer Question
    • Group discussion-
      The topic was- "you 7 guys are all remained on earth and earth gonna explode in next 15 minutes. An aircraft or something is waiting there to take you to another living planet but only 3 amongst you 7 can go. Discuss and come to a conclusion who should go and why?"   1 Answer
    • HR interview questions-
      They all questions were very similar to other classical questions asked in HR. Also feel free to ask some questions from them too.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

Completely 4 rounds .
    1) online coding ( min 2 be solved with all test cases )
    2) online codug + mcqs ...( cut off is decided by them )
    3) technical interview ( only on java )
    4) HR ( personal talk )

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EPAM (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a one on one session, in which they told me about the company, it's policies and work environment. The questions were standard and were not that hard, and they included questions about frameworks.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rajpura, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Rajpura, Punjab (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

If you are good in Logic's and Java then it would be easy for you, it was campus recruitment process at Chitkara University, firstly there was coding round in Java consisting of 3 questions easy to hard total of 100 marks and cutoff marks was 60, only 6 students got shortlisted, i was among one of them, then there was GD round it was non elimination round, after that there was interviews and HR.

Interview Questions

• Introduction, Concepts in Java, Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance, super and this keyword in depth, exception handling, Collection framework,Garbage Collector, Puzzles   Answer Question
    • Coding Questions:-
      Code to reverse a number
      Code to merge the string alternatively
      Finding all possible subsets of String
      Sorting Date   Answer Question
    • Puzzles:-
      There are 12 bricks 11 are of same size and one is of different, we have to find the brick with different size in optimal way. (Hint:- Divide And Conquer)   4 Answers

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

It consists of 2 rounds of coding and then followed by GD , technical interview and HR. The experience of the process was good. The difficulty was easy for someone who is clear with his concepts.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Interview Process has five rounds:
    Round 1: Java Programming challenge for 2:30 hrs for 3 questions. Every questions has certain marks and time limit to solve between. Eg. First question of 40mins and 20 marks, Second ques. of 5o mins and 30 marks, The last ques. of 1hr and 50 marks.
    Round 2: In this round there java mcq questions and time limit of 2 hrs.
    Round 3: Group Discussions for 15 mins
    Round 4: Technical face to face interview.
    Round 5: HR Interview.

Interview Questions

• In Round 1, Questions were like merge two Strings in alternating manner, one question on pattern matching of 50 marks.   5 Answers