EPAM Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Interview process was alright. First a general 30 minute phone screen to discuss your background and your skills; after that if all is good they will schedule a 1 or 1.5 hour technical screen which can be done over webcam. So I got through the first two rounds, with positive feedback. But then after the HR recruiter tells me that the clients had suddenly changed the position and they were no longer recruiting for this particular role. With my hopes up for the role it didn't feel good. So that was that. A month later, I see a similar role being posted on job sites from EPAM in the same geographic location. Honestly, they shouldn't waste candidates time if they are eventually going to change the roles. Either they weren't being upfront about my interview results or they just need to get their act straight.

Interview Questions

• Core Development Skills, Spring MVC, data structures, implementations of list and set, difference between arraylist vs. linkedlist, Continuous Integration vs. Continuous Delivery, Immutable Classes, Garbage collection specifics, metaspace, permgen, Synchronization, Volatile, Thread Safe Singleton, Dependency Injection, Naming design patterns you know, Definition of Code Quality. Last part of the technical interview was a easy-medium difficulty live coding challenge.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EPAM

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed more on architecture related things. It went well but not sure what interviewer felt and i was not through in that. Not sure if they are conducting interviews just like that. Didn't feel in right way in their decisions.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

it was two round of technical interview followed by client interview. And one HR round was there.
    they asked jsp/jstl spring mvc and some of database questions.hiring process was very smooth.
    But Immigrations guys took long time to process my H1B transfer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EPAM (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview is standard and week organized. You start with hr and end up with couple tech conversation including more theory and couple practical questions. Complex questions may come only if they feel incontinent in your answers. Buy mostly they don't expect to get exact resolution for such questions

Interview Questions

• They also interested in your opinion on something to see your easy of thinking   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EPAM (Mountain View, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy. Provide some good experience with Java/Javascript or IOS Development skills.

Interview Questions

• Most common interview questions: get 5 top number from the array (show O(n) knowledge), find unique numbers from 2 lists.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Insist on your desired salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

plan for 2 technical interviews First round some times Lead Software or the same role what i am applying for and one more round Architect will do, one managerial and HR.

Interview Questions

• Mostly latest technology questions and scenarios how do you implement like that   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katowice (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Katowice (Poland)) in April 2016.

Interview

English level verification
    Technical conversation and one task
    Technical conversation and task was related to the applying position
    Questions were reasonable and all of them were related to the applying position
    Questions related to java se
    Questions related to java ee: spring, jpa, hibernate, relational databases
    Some reasonable programming task related to java se

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process is smooth and fast, I had 2 technical and 1 managerial rounds scheduled at my convenient times. First round was a telephonic mainly concentrated on the DotNet MVC, oops concepts. Second is f2f round as they are looking for angularjs with dotnet exp guys it is more on the AngularJs frameworks and DotNet concepts.

Managerial round is mixed of both technical and behavioral questions again looking for the angularjs stuff, dotnet mvc and sql basics. Overall we should be good in basics of dotnet and more expertise in frontend.

Interview Questions

• MVC filter, DataAnnotation, Custom Attributes, ActionResults, Exception handling in mvc, Interfaces, Abstractions, Sealed, Static classes, Design Petters, DI, Routing in MVC and Angularjs, directives in angular, how angular compiles other some basic questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EPAM (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2016.

Interview

Three rounds: HR, technical and resource managerial, next one always scheduled after the previous one finished, in a couple days.
    The HR discussion was about the company and my past and also looking ahead what are the plans/possibilities on both sides.
    The technical interview was mostly technical QA with a bit of coding on a whiteboard.
    The round with the resource managers was a discussion in a bit more detail about the projects that would suit me.

Interview Questions

• What are the SOLID principles?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a clustered and a non-clustered index?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds of technical interview
    One round by EPAM Hyderabad
    Coding question for in-person.
    One round by global EPAM
    Online coference call. Interviewer gives coding problem on their platform. He can see you code.
    Final round with HR