EPAM Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at EPAM

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM.

Interview

Interview process was alright. First a general 30 minute phone screen to discuss your background and your skills; after that if all is good they will schedule a 1 or 1.5 hour technical screen which can be done over webcam. So I got through the first two rounds, with positive feedback. But then after the HR recruiter tells me that the clients had suddenly changed the position and they were no longer recruiting for this particular role. With my hopes up for the role it didn't feel good. So that was that. A month later, I see a similar role being posted on job sites from EPAM in the same geographic location. Honestly, they shouldn't waste candidates time if they are eventually going to change the roles. Either they weren't being upfront about my interview results or they just need to get their act straight.

Interview Questions

• Core Development Skills, Spring MVC, data structures, implementations of list and set, difference between arraylist vs. linkedlist, Continuous Integration vs. Continuous Delivery, Immutable Classes, Garbage collection specifics, metaspace, permgen, Synchronization, Volatile, Thread Safe Singleton, Dependency Injection, Naming design patterns you know, Definition of Code Quality. Last part of the technical interview was a easy-medium difficulty live coding challenge.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for EPAM

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

it was two round of technical interview followed by client interview. And one HR round was there.
    they asked jsp/jstl spring mvc and some of database questions.hiring process was very smooth.
    But Immigrations guys took long time to process my H1B transfer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Hartford, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

There were 5 rounds of discussion, 3 with Company and 2 with Clients.
    - Round1: Basics technical questions & answers round online
    - Round2: Thorough technical discussion with coding writing skill test.
    - Round3: discussion with company Director
    - Round4: Client discussion technical
    -Round5: Thorough technical discussion with coding writing skill test.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EPAM (Mountain View, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy. Provide some good experience with Java/Javascript or IOS Development skills.

Interview Questions

• Most common interview questions: get 5 top number from the array (show O(n) knowledge), find unique numbers from 2 lists.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Insist on your desired salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed more on architecture related things. It went well but not sure what interviewer felt and i was not through in that. Not sure if they are conducting interviews just like that. Didn't feel in right way in their decisions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EPAM (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview is standard and week organized. You start with hr and end up with couple tech conversation including more theory and couple practical questions. Complex questions may come only if they feel incontinent in your answers. Buy mostly they don't expect to get exact resolution for such questions

Interview Questions

• They also interested in your opinion on something to see your easy of thinking   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Round 1: Introductory call with the recruiter
    Round 2: 2-hr technical interview using EPAM's interview platform
    Round 3: 45-min manager interview(resume-based and behavioral questions)
     Round 4: Client interview - project demo, no technical questions asked

Interview Questions

• JavaScript: Hoisting, Closures, Scope, Inheritance
      CSS: layout techniques, specificity, how does the browser interpret a css style

Question on runtime complexity of an algorithm   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EPAM (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW PROCESS!! These guys make fools of everyone. I waited for 3 hours in their premise for the first round of interview. One of their talent recruitment team members came over there and started explaining why did it take so long. My first round went really good. The interviewer got impressed . He called HR in front of me and confirmed for next round in the upcoming week. But then I didn't hear back from them. I tried to follow up over email, but no luck.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Budapest (Hungary)) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds:
    - HR
    - Technical interview
    - Interview with the resource manager

After the technical interview I got a call from the HR that the technical interview went really well and she invited me to the last round.
    At the end of the last interview the resource manager asked me about my salary expectation and I answered that it is still the same as it was on the first interview.
    The reaction of the resource manager surprised me: "Do you still insist to it? Are you kidding with me? Let it go man!"
    I did not know about that I was classified as regular. I got the info from HR that the technical interview went really well. I am pretty sure that there are better ways to communicate your classification/level rather than being a jerk.

Interview Questions

• Core Development Skills, data structures, implementations of list and set, difference between arraylist vs. linkedlist, Continuous Integration vs. Continuous Delivery, Immutable Classes, Synchronization, Volatile, Dependency Injection   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPAM (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter scheduled interview face to face interview saying its a good opportunity. But on reaching at the venue, found out that its a pool drive. I had to wait for a long time. Then, instead of conducting face to face interview they did written round, then interview. Hardly, 2-3 persons were there for conducting the process. I didn't like the interview process at all. Complete waste of time. Also, it doesn't seem to be good paying company. I suggest you not to go for this company.

Interview Questions

• Question on arrays- find max product of two numbers, sum of odd factors of numbers in array   Answer Question