EPAM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

HR interview with general question, then tech interview with 2-3 devs and leads. HR interview with general question, then tech interview with 2-3 devs and leads. HR interview with general question, then tech interview with 2-3 devs and leads.

Interview Questions

• Classic algorithm implementations.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EPAM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

First round consists of three coding challenges and then followed by technical interview and then finally Hr round .The First question was 6 numbers where given and asked to sort the numbers in ascending order.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

There were totally 4 rounds
    First round was a Online coding challenge where we have to solve a problem in 3 hrs
    Second Round was also coding challenge
    Third round was Technical Interview
    and then HR
    Mainly focus on JAVA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

There 3 technical rounds,it was nice experience .1st round was written and second round is technical and third is manager round and HR round .they offered avg package ...Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager,

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Szeged, Csongrád (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Szeged, Csongrád (Hungary)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was approached by their in-house recruiter via LinkedIn. I was sent an hour-long online test, that consisted of short algorithmic tasks. The level of the tasks varied: some were laughably easy to solve, others were way too hard for a simple online screening. Overall, it was a mixed experience.

After about a week, I was contacted by another recruiter via phone, who asked me to come in the office for a quick chat. He introduced me to the company and what they could offer. We also had a rather lengthy discussion about my goals, career-wise, and how the company could help me to achieve these. At the end of the interview, I was given a simple coding task, once again, which I had solve on paper, in about 15 minutes. I was told the solution would be given to a tech guy, who would evaluate it later.

After a couple days, I was invited back to the office for an official technical interview. The interviewer mostly asked me about my past experience and the skills that I listed on my CV. Besides this, I was given two really simple exercises (think something like fizzbuzz), which I could solve in a couple of minutes. After the interview was over, we chatted about software development in general for quite a while. The interviewer was very professional but also laid back, and there was no pressure at all.

After another week, I was called into the office once more, to formally close off our negotiations. This final round mostly consisted of negotiating about the financial aspects of the job, and also if I'm a good culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Q: When using git, what is the difference between rebasing and merging, and in which situation would you use rebase over merging (and vice versa)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Kraków (Poland)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, 2 days after I got a call from HR I was told the details of the company and the interview process. In a few days I had a technical interview on skype, easy general questions about software engineering. In a week I got a face-to-face interview in the office with my future manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2016.

Interview

As newbie backend developer, I applied for a Java retraining program, guess it was easier than normally.
    4 phases: online Java test, HR, technical, salary
    My HR contact was available, the tech guy made a good impression on me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Budapest (Hungary)) in December 2015.

Interview

Talent acquisition specialist called over to phone, arranged 1st meeting with herself and another talent acquisition specialist. 2nd meeting was with team lead (in person) and also a technical interview with teammates and relevant competency center representative (over the net). 3rd round with resource managers (responsible for offering the compensation package)

Interview Questions

• Lot of technical questions in detail.   Answer Question
    • Some questions on handling of customers. (This is an outsourcing company.)   Answer Question
    • One interesting question in particular: - You are on-site at the customer and they request an immediate change in the software. What would you do?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EPAM (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process in Epam depends on client to client, overall process was good. First there was a programming round which was reviewed by Epam and after that a technical interview and then a client interview which is again technical and might involve hands on as well,

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1) You communicate with HR, asking you some general questions in English (technical and general ones);
    2) You are invited to the Epam office, were manages and Engineers are asking you a series of technical questions;
    3) You may wait for a final decision for a day and then HR will send you a official job offer;