EPAM Test Automation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPAM Test Automation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at EPAM

Automation Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Pune (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I got a call from EPAM recruiter for SDET position on 26 Oct. First round was done by HR, basic discussion, job location, salary discussion etc. 1st round is more of screening round.
They have arranged the F2F round of interview on 28 Oct. Two technical round of interview around 1.5 hr each. Questions are mostly on core Java, selenium, API automation, project framework etc. Interview questions are average. On next week, I got a call from HR for conducting my manager round of interview for general discussion and project information. 2nd Nov, I had discussion with Manager regarding project, experience, roles, responsibility etc. Everything went well. But after manager round, no updates from HR for 3-4 weeks. I have email the HR regarding update, but no reply. :( They do not pick up the call :(. Finally after 3 weeks they inform me that they are not going to offer me, as my expected CTC is high.
I have wasted 3 weeks for them. Total waste of time. Not suggesting to appear for EPAM.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EPAM

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPAM (Kraków (Poland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Firstly Skype conversation with HR about motivation and general stuff. Later skype or in person technical interview with lead engineers from same department you are applying for position; Interview was about my current position, my experience and regular basic question about oop and mostly programming. Couple question about testing, f/e creating test plan;

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between == vs equals() in Java?   1 Answer

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EPAM (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed to The Russian National Card Payment System( for introduce CI / CD from scratch.
    The main initiatives of NSPK are to create the national payment system infrastructure and to issue a national payment card Mir.

I liked them very much and they wanted to take me immediately.

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in September 2017.

Interview

First at all i want to say i really got a good impression by the talent adquisition team they are really professionals, all the time they was supporting me, the first filter was with talent adquisition people the second one the technical interview.

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EPAM (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

I have attend for the interview 1 month before they don't know what they want.
    Even the questions are not related to job profile. Worst interview panel ever scene. Even HR was so scared for the interviewer .

Interview Questions

• How to Connect data base in c#?   1 Answer
    • Webdriver Wait for control Present   1 Answer

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly, the process consisted of bunch of questions about my previous experience and a code review excersise. Everything took around an hour and it was a pleasure to talk with such an interesting opponent

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2019.

Interview

They have a pretty simple interview plan:
    1st one is a simple and nice discussion with HR
    2nd one is a technical related call with EPAM - team leader/manager
    3rd one: you`re invited on-site for a "motivational interview"

I didn't like the 2nd one as a lot of questions were not having sense as you`ll see below. Or they were been trick questions. Who knows... And he was in such a rush that I felt always runned down by someone... His hungarian-english vocabulary was also a bit weird as you`ll see below in the interview questions. Anyway, next week I had (ironically), another interview with another big consultancy for the SAME client on the SAME project, and it was such a nice and relaxing interview... This one with EPAM, it felt bad, because he was just reading the questions from a piece of paper and checked the boxes with my answers...

Interview Questions

• 2. What is API testing?   Answer Question
    • 3. What is the difference between regression and smoke testing?   Answer Question
    • 4. What is BDD?   Answer Question
    • 5. What is TDD?   Answer Question
    • 6. What is a test pyramid?   Answer Question
    • 7. You have 200 test cases. You need to do regression. But another 50 automated and 50 manual tests tops up. From these 100 new ones, 50% are with the highest importance. How many test cases would you include in the regression testing? Including the first 200 ones.   Answer Question
    • 8. It’s Monday morning. You have to finish a lot of tests until Wednesday at 16:00 when the software will be released in production. You know it’s impossible to do all of them until then. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • 9. How do you report defects? what’s the status of a defect report? from new to…? say all states.   Answer Question
    • 10. What are the most important steps in the manual testing?   Answer Question
    • 11. What’s a constructor? an overload? an overwrite? (override - dang it englishj)   1 Answer
    • 12. In a web page, for e.g. Gmail, how do you test the login page?   Answer Question
    • 13. In a web page with two text boxes and a button, how do you test?   Answer Question
    • 14. What is Agile? Difference between Agile and Waterfall.   Answer Question
    • 15. One developer doesn’t agree with you, how do you handle it? He says the defect it’s not a defect, but it’s a feature. How do you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • 16. What are your three strengths/weakness points?   Answer Question
    • 17. Have you worked with Jira, Junit?   Answer Question
    • 18. How would you write a manual test case? which are the stages?   Answer Question
    • 19. SQL questions. Do you have experience in database testing?   Answer Question
    • 20. SQL: query to select top 10 salaries from employees table.   Answer Question
    • 21. Equivalence partitioning and BVA testing. Explain them with example: test integer from 10 to 20 in a text box.   Answer Question
    • 22. What version control tool have you used in the past?   Answer Question
    • 23. How much Java experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • 24. What is continuous integration?   Answer Question
    • 25. What is try/catch method?   Answer Question
    • 26. Did you have asserts in your latest tests? more asserts in one test or just one assert?   Answer Question
    • 27. Severity and priority. What is the difference and who should handle it?   Answer Question
    • 28. What is static testing?   Answer Question
    • 29. What is functional/non-functional testing? give examples   Answer Question
    • 30. What is a test plan?   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPAM (Zürich (Switzerland)) in December 2018.

Interview

There are four interviews:
    · One non-Technical call with HR: nice guy, but needs to work at his English grammar because he does a lot of mistakes
    · One Technical related Skype call with EPAM Systems: A bit dissapointed - never had such a "robotic" interview. He never asked me about my past experience, jumped directly to the questions and felt like a Q&A robot check-list.
    e.g. Have you done that? No, ok. Next, next, and so on. He was just checkin' the answers on a sheet of paper and there were 40-50 questions so around one hour and a half. What was a bit annoying is that I felt him always in a rush, so I felt that I had to rush with my answers.
    And I also felt lied because at the end he said: "Ok, we'll see where you fit and come back to you in about 1-2 weeks". After that, after only three hours after the interview, the HR guy sent me a rejection e-mail. It's clear that the tehnical recruitor knew that I'm not a fit, but why lie to me that it'd last 1-2 weeks?
    · One Call with the client
    · One Motivational call

Interview Questions

• Things about testing domain: what is API testing/testing pyramid, static testing, test plan, functional and non-functional testing, agile questions, and few cpp questions: constructors, etc.   Answer Question