EQRx Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at EQRx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, MA

Application

I interviewed at EQRx (Belmont, MA)

Interview

Had initial discussion with HR who indicated significant interest and follow up. But since then totally disappeared. Ghosted. No responses to follow up emails indicating whether they were still interested or not. Just complete black hole.

EQRx

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at EQRx

Interview

Everyone was highly professional, welcoming, and most importantly humble given the current COVID circumstances. The recruiting team was highly communicative throughout the entire process, provided upcoming check points and even explained reasons for minor delays. While there is always room for improvement, the team has done a good job to nail down the process from various angles and asked for feedback on how the process can be improved. I think the continuous improvement mindset is a solid foundation.

Interview Questions
  • I interviewed with 5 people spread over couple days within the same week and followed up with the hiring manager. With the exception of 1 interviewer who was new to the team, seemed unprepared and did not understand the purpose of my role, to whom I explained to add clarity, everyone else was truly engaged and curious to know what value I bring in based on my experience and how can I be of help to help achieve company’s mission. The question(s) generally followed the trend on how would you do it different from your past. I felt it was encouraging that they were challenging me and willing to seek risk taking paths. On my end, I got excited to work for a progressive company after my interview was over.
    Answer Question
  • 1. Would you be willing to roll up your sleeves and drive?
  • 2. Can you provide examples on how would you challenge the norm?

EQRx

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at EQRx

Interview

The recruiting team is really great and makes you feel good as a candidate. Overall process was 4+ months given timing of the role I was interviewing for which was ok, they are a startup so things change! Interviews were scheduled well, logistics handled easily. But the only reason this was not a positive review was it seemed I got mixed messages from the hiring manager that this role was on hold indefinitely and offered a contract, which I was open to accepting. When I communicated my openness to accepting, the option seemed to have gone away and I opted out of the process to take another full-time role. I then found out via social media of someone else hired for the role I was interviewing for which was weird because I was told the role was on hold. End not handled well maybe from hiring manager but recruiting team is really good.

Interview Questions
  • Basic behavioral questions, questions related to function and scientific background

EQRx

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQRx

Interview

They are definitely just fishing for ideas. They want you to tell them how to save money developing drugs. It came across very odd seeing as each person framed the interview around the company's goal but then would want more ideas to develop drugs cheaper. The questions felt as though they have hit a wall with whatever cost savings/reductions methods they have used. Chief People Officer asked about political stance and healthcare payer (private vs universal). Its the NE so everyone is on the same page, but still not appropriate...Process took 3 weeks, video interviews.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

EQRx

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EQRx in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process was quick and enjoyable, which was so refreshing! Each person I met with asked unique questions and helped to answer my own questions. It was great that they tried to get to know me as a whole person instead of just as a potential employee.

Interview Questions
  • If you could have lunch with 2 people, dead or alive, who would they be?

EQRx

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQRx in Jan 2021

Interview

Phone interview, then hiring manager interview, then a panel discussion with other members and high-up management. People were cordial throughout the process. The process was a combination of technical plus behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at EQRx? Details about your past projects. Why do you want to work at a startup?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EQRx (New York, NY) in Nov 2020

Interview

Application: A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. I had prior knowledge and a positive opinion of the company before interviewing. My interview process was entirely remote (phone/ video) and took ~8 weeks (late 2020). Interview process: One of the kindest interview processes I have undergone! Everything was professional, candid, and moved along rapidly (even during holidays). The recruiting team was highly communicative throughout the entire process and very clear, organized, and empathetic. I interviewed with ~8 people via video call. Interviewers were great to have a true conversation with, and engaged continuously throughout the entire interview. Interviewers did everything possible to ensure I was comfortable and could speak candidly, and the interviewers reciprocated with their own candidness. Culture fit and values, as well as professional experience and goals, were major themes during the interview. I can't say enough good things! All the best for EQRx!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

EQRx

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EQRx

Interview

After an initial phone screen, there were one-on-one zoom calls with 5 different company members. These were all within a week. The people I talked to were all very friendly and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

EQRx

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQRx in Oct 2020

Interview

Extremely casual, personal interview process. Scheduled first interview with managers and soon after with larger team. Talent acquisition checked in throughout process providing updates and feedback. All interviewers took the time to read up on my background and each interview was different!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EQRx (Boston, MA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Reached out to me on Linkedin inviting to the interview for the position. Had a call with a recruiter and then a video chat with a team manager. The manager was very thorough and questioning every capability and technology i know.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews