EQT Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EQT Corporation Interview Questions

2.6

Innovation Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in April 2016.

Interview

Met with variety of managers and teammates. Everyone was very pleasant. Nice office. Great location.

No communication after interview. No feedback or idea what direction they went in.

Suggestion: give all candidates feedback whether you want to hire them or not.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was brought into meet with 6 people over the course of 3-4 hours. The process was laid back and comfortable. Everyone was very nice and the interview went very well. I was convinced that I got the job. Two weeks went by and I did not hear anything back. I sent numerous emails and left a voicemail. Finally, I received a return email letting me know that they were still in the decision-making process and I would receive an answer the following week. Again, two more weeks went by and I did not receive a response. I again sent a couple emails simply requesting feedback one way or the other. They did not have the decency to acknowledge me. This was over three months ago and I still have not received a response. It is obvious that I did not get the job, and based on the lack of common courtesy and professionalism that was made painfully obvious by this process, it is most likely for the best.

Interview Questions

• How would you use SQL to build logic that would always return the date of the following Sunday for a given date?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

I was out of state so when I was called to fly in for a relatively entry-level role I was pleasantly surprised. Got into Pittsburgh, had the interview the next morning.

I was a bit surprised at the briefness of the interview (~1 hour) and that it started about 10 minutes later than scheduled (I was the first of the day). Once inside the conference room, it was 2 project managers, the department head, and 1 HR representative. Overall the conversation was really smooth and I felt at ease right away. They tried to make it informal and just get a better idea of me as a person and how I might fit into that role. They kept emphasizing it was a entry-level role which I was fine with (I had a little experience and graduate degree) but I'm wondering if they thought it might have been a mismatch.

I think highly of the company, they opportunity to meet and better introduce myself, and would love to be considered for future roles as I made that clear. Big expansion plans in the midstream as Marcellus wellhead gas prices are artificially depressed due to infrastructure restrictions. Love what they're doing in Western PA and WV and hope to be invited back for an interview in the future.

Interview Questions

• Examples of greatest accomplishments, familiarity with pipeline inspection, standards, etc.   Answer Question

Senior IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. After which, they contacted me to fly to Pittsburgh for an in-person interview. A process of which required me to take two days off of work, because they set me up with a full day of interviews followed by a day of touring Pittsburgh with Presenting Pittsburgh. I interviewed with about seven different managers all the way up to the CIO. Overall the interview process went well; however, their seems to be a lot of tension between the E&P and Midstream business units. I didn't get a good vibe of the culture and the company didn't pay for things like parking downtown, etc, which I found surprising compared to most upstream oil and gas companies.
    I felt like the interview went well and I felt like I would get an offer. However, I never heard back from them. I even tried to get in contact and never got a response. I definitely would NOT recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions

• Really just the basic interview questions and technical questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Land Interview

Application

I interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

There was no phone interview only an in person interview which took all of 15 minutes. They never got back to me and I never got a generic email from HR saying I didn't get the job. It's been over three months. I don't think it was professional at all in the way that was handled. However I do hear it is a good company with very competitive pay. Most employees seem satisfied there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technical process at your current job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Interview mostly focused on reviewing my resume and background experience. Interview was acquired through campus recruiting event. Overall positive and laid back experience. Interview included many general questions as well that allowed me to expand on my experiences/goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your greatest strength and weakness are? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Gas Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I received an email for a phone interview (Star method question),2 weeks later,I received another email to fly me from Texas to Pittsburgh PA.
    its four people interviewed me it took me from 8:30am until 11:00 am there is no difficult question, the HR will ask some behavioral question.

Software Integrations Intern Interview

Interview

A phone interview and I was asked some general questions like what's my academic background and which programming language I'd like to use.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

Signed up through the eqt web site, filled in all the information they ask for, which is to basically re-fill in my resume for their system.

Two weeks later I received a call for the interview and the following e-mail confirmation.

I had the interview (I had to wait about fifteen or twenty minutes). As it turns out they were interviewing other people for the position on the same day as well.

One month and about a week or two later I finally got the notice that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, it was a standard, what's the most impressive thing you've done, when have you gone above and beyond, what did you have the most difficulty with in your last job and how did you over come it, type of questions   Answer Question