EQT Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contact, phone screen by lower level HR rep. On-site interview with HR VP, 2 peers and then planned interview with CEO was canceled. Company did not meet follow up deadlines. I assumed I would not get a job offer, but after a couple of months an offer came.

Interview Questions

• Past work history. Would I be able to work in a fast-paced technical organization. Really wanted to know about what I had done previously, what my achievements had been, etc. Wanted to know if I had concerns about working in an "open office environment." Also asked several questions about the importance to me of finding a job where there was good work/life balance.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2017.

Interview

I got an invite to interview with them through Handshake. There was a brief info session the day before the interviews. The interview itself consisted of mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers were engineers themselves.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Great experience. Primarily behavioral questions with a few simulated questions. Not at all intimidating. Generally a fairly standard interview. I would suggest stressing your ability to learn quickly, your attention to detail, and your interest to live in the area.

Interview Questions

• what to do if your presentation has an incorrect data point?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very thorough, kind and friendly people. They asked a lot of question. They wanted to know what exactly I have done at other jobs and things of such. Other all the interview was very well conducted and I would recommend this company.

EHS Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had 3 in person interview, same executive room and yes I was on the hot seat. I was fine because I am confident in what I can do and how I can help a company be better than what they were before. That was the temporary contract interview but when I was recently interviewed to be hired directly with EQT it was 5 person interview with different time slots of 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to help us in working with our new SAP software?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

A group of 3 came to my college to host interviews. They took turns asking standard interview questions but were also very interested in learning about the candidates outside of work such as what you do in your free time and if you have any hobbies, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Interview mostly focused on reviewing my resume and background experience. Interview was acquired through campus recruiting event. Overall positive and laid back experience. Interview included many general questions as well that allowed me to expand on my experiences/goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your greatest strength and weakness are? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

You sit in a conference room and meet with team members on a group basis. They ask you questions about your resume and experience. Later, I met with the VP responsible for my area and he discussed the role of the position and expectations. At the end of the interview process, I met with HR to discuss benefits and expected compensation.

Interview Questions

• Asked question about work experience, basic finance questions and individual goals.   Answer Question

Landman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

you come in and interview with all 4 people on the same day. The process takes about 2 hours. It took about 2 months for the offer letter to come I interviewed in July started in September. Other than that it was a simple interview process All 4 people meet with you at once as opposed to meeting them on 4 different days and having multiple interviews.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was brought into meet with 6 people over the course of 3-4 hours. The process was laid back and comfortable. Everyone was very nice and the interview went very well. I was convinced that I got the job. Two weeks went by and I did not hear anything back. I sent numerous emails and left a voicemail. Finally, I received a return email letting me know that they were still in the decision-making process and I would receive an answer the following week. Again, two more weeks went by and I did not receive a response. I again sent a couple emails simply requesting feedback one way or the other. They did not have the decency to acknowledge me. This was over three months ago and I still have not received a response. It is obvious that I did not get the job, and based on the lack of common courtesy and professionalism that was made painfully obvious by this process, it is most likely for the best.

Interview Questions

• How would you use SQL to build logic that would always return the date of the following Sunday for a given date?   Answer Question