EQT Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.7

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contact, phone screen by lower level HR rep. On-site interview with HR VP, 2 peers and then planned interview with CEO was canceled. Company did not meet follow up deadlines. I assumed I would not get a job offer, but after a couple of months an offer came.

Interview Questions

• Past work history. Would I be able to work in a fast-paced technical organization. Really wanted to know about what I had done previously, what my achievements had been, etc. Wanted to know if I had concerns about working in an "open office environment." Also asked several questions about the importance to me of finding a job where there was good work/life balance.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

A group of 3 came to my college to host interviews. They took turns asking standard interview questions but were also very interested in learning about the candidates outside of work such as what you do in your free time and if you have any hobbies, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Interview mostly focused on reviewing my resume and background experience. Interview was acquired through campus recruiting event. Overall positive and laid back experience. Interview included many general questions as well that allowed me to expand on my experiences/goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your greatest strength and weakness are? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

You sit in a conference room and meet with team members on a group basis. They ask you questions about your resume and experience. Later, I met with the VP responsible for my area and he discussed the role of the position and expectations. At the end of the interview process, I met with HR to discuss benefits and expected compensation.

Interview Questions

• Asked question about work experience, basic finance questions and individual goals.   Answer Question

Landman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

you come in and interview with all 4 people on the same day. The process takes about 2 hours. It took about 2 months for the offer letter to come I interviewed in July started in September. Other than that it was a simple interview process All 4 people meet with you at once as opposed to meeting them on 4 different days and having multiple interviews.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was brought into meet with 6 people over the course of 3-4 hours. The process was laid back and comfortable. Everyone was very nice and the interview went very well. I was convinced that I got the job. Two weeks went by and I did not hear anything back. I sent numerous emails and left a voicemail. Finally, I received a return email letting me know that they were still in the decision-making process and I would receive an answer the following week. Again, two more weeks went by and I did not receive a response. I again sent a couple emails simply requesting feedback one way or the other. They did not have the decency to acknowledge me. This was over three months ago and I still have not received a response. It is obvious that I did not get the job, and based on the lack of common courtesy and professionalism that was made painfully obvious by this process, it is most likely for the best.

Interview Questions

• How would you use SQL to build logic that would always return the date of the following Sunday for a given date?   Answer Question

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

When I interviewed for the contractor role 2 years prior to this interview, it was a phone interview with two GIS Analysts in the Pittsburgh office who I would not be working with on a regular basis. When I was interviewed to move from a contractor to a permanent employee, I interviewed with my GIS lead, the director of the Land Department within which I worked, and one of the GIS Analysts I originally interviewed with for the contractor role. Each interview was about 30 minutes long, and was each one felt more like an annual review than an interview.

Gas Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I received an email for a phone interview (Star method question),2 weeks later,I received another email to fly me from Texas to Pittsburgh PA.
    its four people interviewed me it took me from 8:30am until 11:00 am there is no difficult question, the HR will ask some behavioral question.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

Signed up through the eqt web site, filled in all the information they ask for, which is to basically re-fill in my resume for their system.

Two weeks later I received a call for the interview and the following e-mail confirmation.

I had the interview (I had to wait about fifteen or twenty minutes). As it turns out they were interviewing other people for the position on the same day as well.

One month and about a week or two later I finally got the notice that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, it was a standard, what's the most impressive thing you've done, when have you gone above and beyond, what did you have the most difficulty with in your last job and how did you over come it, type of questions   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

There were two interviews. They were both in person and went well. The interviews dealt with hardware platforms, programming languages, system testing, and technical writing. The interviewer was very nice and was good at breaking the tension. It was done in a conference room and each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The cliched, Where do you think you'll be in five years.   Answer Question