EQT Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EQT Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.8

Software Integrations Intern Interview

Interview

A phone interview and I was asked some general questions like what's my academic background and which programming language I'd like to use.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

Through my school. They held a information session and then the next day was interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very tough, just asked about background and explained company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. After which, they contacted me to fly to Pittsburgh for an in-person interview. A process of which required me to take two days off of work, because they set me up with a full day of interviews followed by a day of touring Pittsburgh with Presenting Pittsburgh. I interviewed with about seven different managers all the way up to the CIO. Overall the interview process went well; however, their seems to be a lot of tension between the E&P and Midstream business units. I didn't get a good vibe of the culture and the company didn't pay for things like parking downtown, etc, which I found surprising compared to most upstream oil and gas companies.
    I felt like the interview went well and I felt like I would get an offer. However, I never heard back from them. I even tried to get in contact and never got a response. I definitely would NOT recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions

• Really just the basic interview questions and technical questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2011.

Interview

Met with two interviewers, the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. There weren't many "canned questions" like with most others I interviewed, which is good. They mostly just asked me to expound on my resume and talk about my schooling and life in order to gauge my personality.

Only downside is that it took several months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, only an offer sent by email when I was selected for hire.

Land Interview

Application

I interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

There was no phone interview only an in person interview which took all of 15 minutes. They never got back to me and I never got a generic email from HR saying I didn't get the job. It's been over three months. I don't think it was professional at all in the way that was handled. However I do hear it is a good company with very competitive pay. Most employees seem satisfied there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technical process at your current job.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

I was out of state so when I was called to fly in for a relatively entry-level role I was pleasantly surprised. Got into Pittsburgh, had the interview the next morning.

I was a bit surprised at the briefness of the interview (~1 hour) and that it started about 10 minutes later than scheduled (I was the first of the day). Once inside the conference room, it was 2 project managers, the department head, and 1 HR representative. Overall the conversation was really smooth and I felt at ease right away. They tried to make it informal and just get a better idea of me as a person and how I might fit into that role. They kept emphasizing it was a entry-level role which I was fine with (I had a little experience and graduate degree) but I'm wondering if they thought it might have been a mismatch.

I think highly of the company, they opportunity to meet and better introduce myself, and would love to be considered for future roles as I made that clear. Big expansion plans in the midstream as Marcellus wellhead gas prices are artificially depressed due to infrastructure restrictions. Love what they're doing in Western PA and WV and hope to be invited back for an interview in the future.

Interview Questions

• Examples of greatest accomplishments, familiarity with pipeline inspection, standards, etc.   Answer Question

Innovation Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in April 2016.

Interview

Met with variety of managers and teammates. Everyone was very pleasant. Nice office. Great location.

No communication after interview. No feedback or idea what direction they went in.

Suggestion: give all candidates feedback whether you want to hire them or not.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

Series of five interviews, with each a being a half hour. One was at a similar level for the job I interviewed for, the manager, their boss, HR, and an additional interviewer. They were relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specifically based on my experience and resume.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with my manager's manager. That was a mistake since my direct manager was the reason I left the position early.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Rates were assigned by the recruiter

Market Spec Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation in October 2010.

Interview

typical