EQT Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EQT Corporation

2.9

Landman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

you come in and interview with all 4 people on the same day. The process takes about 2 hours. It took about 2 months for the offer letter to come I interviewed in July started in September. Other than that it was a simple interview process All 4 people meet with you at once as opposed to meeting them on 4 different days and having multiple interviews.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

There were two interviews. They were both in person and went well. The interviews dealt with hardware platforms, programming languages, system testing, and technical writing. The interviewer was very nice and was good at breaking the tension. It was done in a conference room and each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The cliched, Where do you think you'll be in five years.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

Series of five interviews, with each a being a half hour. One was at a similar level for the job I interviewed for, the manager, their boss, HR, and an additional interviewer. They were relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specifically based on my experience and resume.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

I was out of state so when I was called to fly in for a relatively entry-level role I was pleasantly surprised. Got into Pittsburgh, had the interview the next morning.

I was a bit surprised at the briefness of the interview (~1 hour) and that it started about 10 minutes later than scheduled (I was the first of the day). Once inside the conference room, it was 2 project managers, the department head, and 1 HR representative. Overall the conversation was really smooth and I felt at ease right away. They tried to make it informal and just get a better idea of me as a person and how I might fit into that role. They kept emphasizing it was a entry-level role which I was fine with (I had a little experience and graduate degree) but I'm wondering if they thought it might have been a mismatch.

I think highly of the company, they opportunity to meet and better introduce myself, and would love to be considered for future roles as I made that clear. Big expansion plans in the midstream as Marcellus wellhead gas prices are artificially depressed due to infrastructure restrictions. Love what they're doing in Western PA and WV and hope to be invited back for an interview in the future.

Interview Questions

• Examples of greatest accomplishments, familiarity with pipeline inspection, standards, etc.   Answer Question

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

When I interviewed for the contractor role 2 years prior to this interview, it was a phone interview with two GIS Analysts in the Pittsburgh office who I would not be working with on a regular basis. When I was interviewed to move from a contractor to a permanent employee, I interviewed with my GIS lead, the director of the Land Department within which I worked, and one of the GIS Analysts I originally interviewed with for the contractor role. Each interview was about 30 minutes long, and was each one felt more like an annual review than an interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

You sit in a conference room and meet with team members on a group basis. They ask you questions about your resume and experience. Later, I met with the VP responsible for my area and he discussed the role of the position and expectations. At the end of the interview process, I met with HR to discuss benefits and expected compensation.

Interview Questions

• Asked question about work experience, basic finance questions and individual goals.   Answer Question

Senior IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. After which, they contacted me to fly to Pittsburgh for an in-person interview. A process of which required me to take two days off of work, because they set me up with a full day of interviews followed by a day of touring Pittsburgh with Presenting Pittsburgh. I interviewed with about seven different managers all the way up to the CIO. Overall the interview process went well; however, their seems to be a lot of tension between the E&P and Midstream business units. I didn't get a good vibe of the culture and the company didn't pay for things like parking downtown, etc, which I found surprising compared to most upstream oil and gas companies.
    I felt like the interview went well and I felt like I would get an offer. However, I never heard back from them. I even tried to get in contact and never got a response. I definitely would NOT recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions

• Really just the basic interview questions and technical questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contact, phone screen by lower level HR rep. On-site interview with HR VP, 2 peers and then planned interview with CEO was canceled. Company did not meet follow up deadlines. I assumed I would not get a job offer, but after a couple of months an offer came.

Interview Questions

• Past work history. Would I be able to work in a fast-paced technical organization. Really wanted to know about what I had done previously, what my achievements had been, etc. Wanted to know if I had concerns about working in an "open office environment." Also asked several questions about the importance to me of finding a job where there was good work/life balance.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with my manager's manager. That was a mistake since my direct manager was the reason I left the position early.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Rates were assigned by the recruiter

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview had two parts, one with a lead engineer who described the company to you and your role while also giving you the opportunity to ask questions. This portion took about a half hour. The second half hour was the interview portion conducted by two associate engineers who asked you a few typical interview questions and then left it open to you to ask questions. This part also took about a half hour. Although the interview was very long, the interviewers where very kind and focused on creating a relaxed and comfortable environment for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem in a group setting and how you fixed it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to step up to be a leader.   Answer Question