ESBI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.8

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2009.

Interview

Very basic interview for an internship placement, interview was arranged through university office. I attended and was offered a position the following day. Interview was competency based and questions were about my area of study and previous work experiences.

Summer Production Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring done through external recruitment agency, initially applied with a CV, then got a call back for a phone interview - and after the phone interview there was a face-face interview up in Dublin, with 1 week in between these interviews, it then took 3 weeks after the interview to get a call back to say I was given the position, with only a weeks notice before I was due to start, which was a little short notice. Phone interview and face to face questions were exactly the same, asked for real life scenarios of where we had been in certain situations, and were asked to use the STAR approach to answer these questions, we knew this going into the interviews

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you were successful in providing customer satisfaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary, but very flexible in terms of work location, try to keep you close to home

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2013.

Interview

Really easy, few days. One face to face and one call with a recruiter.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter on a Thursday, I went to Dublin the following Tuesday for the interview. I went to head office and met two Senior IT representatives who were very welcoming and asked me what they needed to know!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ESB?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any understanding of software testing processes   1 Answer

Graduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

A case study followed by an interview. The case study is fairly simple just basic checks on your thinking process. Present the study results to the interview panel of 3 members. Questions to follow based on your presentation. Followed by brief introduction and basic competencies like teamwork, project delivery and achievments.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork, achievements, delivery skills.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2009.

Interview

Very very formal company, prior to the interview you will receive from HR a detailed description of the interview. ESB use 4 different core competencies, you need to have current examples no more than 2 years old. you also need the usual bit at the beginning fairly well.

Interview Questions

• what do you like / dislike about your current position   1 Answer

Negotiation

none it was through an agent

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESBI (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Target selection

Interview Questions

• Motivation fit , is a topic that takes different forms and must be successfully answered   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job was an internal promotion

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESBI in May 2015.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process from start to finish. It took them over 5 weeks to shortlist and schedule interviews. The interview itself was very formal and rigid with a panel of 3 HR Managers. It then took them another 4-5 weeks to revert with feedback.

Interview Questions

• Combination of run through c.v. and 4-5 competency questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was Interviewed by 3 HR Representatives, all professional but warm. Competency based interview, panel was interactive, encouraging and knowledgeable. I was advised at the interview stage that they would be interviewing for the next 5 weeks and that they would be making a decision by early June, which they did. So even though the application and interviewing process was longer than some posts they were very clear and adhered to their proposed timelines. Also taking into consideration the competition for a post the timelines were reasonable. Also for a senior post it was only one comprehensive interview. I had just been interviewed by a multinational and the interview was 4 hours long so overall I would say it was quite a positive and efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Panel stuck to the four or five competency questions. There were no unpredictable questions, this was my first competency based interview. Process was fair and transparent.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with stakeholders, and Head of PMO to discuss experience and to assess if there was a suitable cultural fit. The interview was held in house and was a panel based interview. The focus was more on cultural fit as opposed to technical or competency based questions. The feedback was quick and the interviewers were amenable.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with team members who were not sure about how to approach a specific project task   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Took a skills test. Invited to interview in Dublin. Pretty straightforward case study and then going through your CV followed by discussing examples of past work that fit the 4 or so characteristics they gave to you beforehand such as a time you handled a deadline, worked as a team, etc. Could use the same experience for each case as long as it somehow applies to the condition they want. Panel was friendly enough and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked under a deadline and how did you handle it.
      Would you rather work individually or in a team?   Answer Question

Non-competitive salary compared with other offers