ESBI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.7

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2014.

Interview

Competency based interview, one Person from HR, two engineers from the department I was applying to, use the STAR approach and you can't go wrong, don't bluff as experts in their field will catch you out if you do, if you are offered a position use this as a chance to negotiate as good a deal as you can as you won't get another chance to defend so until the end of your finances term contract which precedes an offer of a permanent contract

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were part of a team   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

After applying they sent an approximately 2h aptitude test which had to be completed first.

They sent out some preparatory material with questions/scenarios to prepare for the interview. The interview consisted of a 30 min case study where I was asked to prepare some answers on an issue with a base plant generator and how to deal with it. Then was brought in front of a panel of 3 to showcase my answers for 8 minutes, after which they asked questions on the case study. Afterwards was asked to talk about myself and my CV and then they asked some competency based questions. The interview was based on the STAR approach, Situation/Task, Action, Results.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions on the following three:
      Delivering Results
      Applying Technical Skills and Knowledge
      Teamwork

Was also asked why I wanted to work there, why they should pick me over the other applicants.
      Answer Question

Graduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

A case study followed by an interview. The case study is fairly simple just basic checks on your thinking process. Present the study results to the interview panel of 3 members. Questions to follow based on your presentation. Followed by brief introduction and basic competencies like teamwork, project delivery and achievments.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork, achievements, delivery skills.   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

College recruitment: various positions advertised, followed by submission of CV and cover letter. All quiet for a number of weeks followed by invitation to interview. Example of what to expect t interview provided by email. Meet-and-greet by HR at head office on the day, off to interview room with 1 HR and 1 engineering staff. 30 minute interview, all very pleasant. Invitation to complete medical questionnaire within a few days, followed by offer within another few days.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2013.

Interview

Really easy, few days. One face to face and one call with a recruiter.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter on a Thursday, I went to Dublin the following Tuesday for the interview. I went to head office and met two Senior IT representatives who were very welcoming and asked me what they needed to know!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ESB?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any understanding of software testing processes   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

Competency based, very easy, the two interviews were very friendly. took about 30 to 40 minutes, was actually quite a nice process,Very positive experience, the interview were challenging and enjoyable and the communication throughout the process was incredibly positive

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process quite formal. It was a competence based interview. They'll send you all the details before the interview. You just need to follow this doc. and will be grand at the interview. There are 2 technical and 1 hr in the interview panel. You will firstly do a case study and then present this to the panel. Then just the normal interview questions. I have to say their people are really nice and will lead you to the "correct" answer.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork, Technical, and problem solving.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Took a skills test. Invited to interview in Dublin. Pretty straightforward case study and then going through your CV followed by discussing examples of past work that fit the 4 or so characteristics they gave to you beforehand such as a time you handled a deadline, worked as a team, etc. Could use the same experience for each case as long as it somehow applies to the condition they want. Panel was friendly enough and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked under a deadline and how did you handle it.
      Would you rather work individually or in a team?
      Answer Question

Non-competitive salary compared with other offers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with stakeholders, and Head of PMO to discuss experience and to assess if there was a suitable cultural fit. The interview was held in house and was a panel based interview. The focus was more on cultural fit as opposed to technical or competency based questions. The feedback was quick and the interviewers were amenable.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with team members who were not sure about how to approach a specific project task   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ESBI (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was Interviewed by 3 HR Representatives, all professional but warm. Competency based interview, panel was interactive, encouraging and knowledgeable. I was advised at the interview stage that they would be interviewing for the next 5 weeks and that they would be making a decision by early June, which they did. So even though the application and interviewing process was longer than some posts they were very clear and adhered to their proposed timelines. Also taking into consideration the competition for a post the timelines were reasonable. Also for a senior post it was only one comprehensive interview. I had just been interviewed by a multinational and the interview was 4 hours long so overall I would say it was quite a positive and efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Panel stuck to the four or five competency questions. There were no unpredictable questions, this was my first competency based interview. Process was fair and transparent.   Answer Question